PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

This is the only school I have ever been to where the top priority is to make sure the children feel cared for and safe. This set the foundation for my child's life long love of learning and independent learning. My child spent 10 years at ECDS and is now thriving in the world. Great school. Important School.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Because it is a relatively small school they are able to be aware of and work through the stuff that happens at school.

When my son was 4 years old, he was reading and I knew I had to do something other than public school for kindergarten, where they would have taught him how to recognize the letters. He went to ECDS until he graduated from 8th grade. Now he is doing excellent work at a local High School. Great school with nice teachers, who care and flexibility to make students succeed at their level.

I finally found a place where I feel just as comfortable as I do at home. Last place I went to school classes were mostly only academic and boring and was nothing else which really was interesting. I don't know exactly the word I'm looking for but it seems to have people that don't harass you and you really do feel at home. It's a real small school everyone knows everyone and you can ask the other kids or the teachers for help easily. Not afraid to speak up because you know everybody around. I'm just so glad my parents pushed me to go here.

ECDS has been a life saver for me. The warm, nurturing environment and flexibility are the reasons my child was able to get through high school. My child was overwhelmed and sometimes bullied at other schools and unable to succeed academically as a result. My child now happily attends school and is successful academically. The difference between other schools and this one is the general attitude of acceptance and true concern for each individual s well-being. A truly special and important school! Thank you to all the staff!

Honestly, this school is awful. The middle school may have more highly motivated students but in the high school, academic motivation and drive is non existent. Several students smoke in the church parking lot across the street, and with almost no management of who leaves when, some students just leave and don't return. It's appalling that even though futile attempts to cover the stench of the cigarettes are made so that even the teachers can smell it, no attempts are made to discipline these offenders. Some are over 18, but as it is a school setting this activity is highly inappropriate. Also, with the high number of disturbed male students suffering from a variety of problems, I've experienced several occasions where I've felt threatened and a student has even gone around throwing punches at students. I've reported such incidents and no action has been taken. I've also faced sexual harassment from male students whom its clear do not understand basic social interaction, at least I might hope, as the way some have approached me is completely inappropriate. Not to mention the complete lack of sanitation! The floors are always dirty, and a sick, vomiting child went ignored in a class

What an amazing school! Wonderful teachers. Students are dealt with in an individualized way. No carbon copy kids here.

Both my kids graduated from ECDS and found that they were ahead in every class in high school. One went to a private High School, the other to a public one, but both had already covered much of the work. They both had a wonderful experience at ECDS, made many friends, and still miss it. It makes me sad that sites like this allow anonymous trashing of schools by people who have been fired or otherwise dismissed, and simply want revenge. This is a fine organization, made of up good, caring people, who deserve better treatment.

Awareness is a key factor when choosing a school. I urge parents to talk to parents that have left and ask what their experiences were. The lack of professionalism was clear in the way some staff members have spoken to my wife and I. Our children did not have a good experience here and trying to communicate on their behalf with teachers was impossible. Please do your homework when trying to choose the right school for your child.

My grandson has attended Easton Country Day for 6 years. The atmosphere is so kind and friendly, the staff is superb, helpful and knowledgeable. His standardized test scores are wonderful! This is the place for anyone who wants a small, individualized and happy environment.

Last modified Easton Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12