Posted August 29, 2014
What an amazing school! Wonderful teachers. Students are dealt with in an individualized way. No carbon copy kids here.

Posted March 13, 2014
Both my kids graduated from ECDS and found that they were ahead in every class in high school. One went to a private High School, the other to a public one, but both had already covered much of the work. They both had a wonderful experience at ECDS, made many friends, and still miss it. It makes me sad that sites like this allow anonymous trashing of schools by people who have been fired or otherwise dismissed, and simply want revenge. This is a fine organization, made of up good, caring people, who deserve better treatment.

Easton Country Day School 1

Posted March 13, 2014
Awareness is a key factor when choosing a school. I urge parents to talk to parents that have left and ask what their experiences were. The lack of professionalism was clear in the way some staff members have spoken to my wife and I. Our children did not have a good experience here and trying to communicate on their behalf with teachers was impossible. Please do your homework when trying to choose the right school for your child.

Posted March 13, 2014
My grandson has attended Easton Country Day for 6 years. The atmosphere is so kind and friendly, the staff is superb, helpful and knowledgeable. His standardized test scores are wonderful! This is the place for anyone who wants a small, individualized and happy environment.

Easton Country Day School 1

Posted March 13, 2014
The purpose of this site is to help prospective families decide whether or not the school is the right choice for their family. While it is fortunate some people have had a better experience, there are still others whose opinion is important in helping new families in the decision making process. During our time at this school I have found that there are many things that need to be addressed. The school is not always "warm" and what we were told regarding our child's education did not get passed on to our child's teacher. Somewhere there is a lack of communication and not enough effort in making sure what we are being told actually gets done. Talking with the educator only created animosity and when addressing these issues with their superior we were told what we want to hear only to appease us. When choosing a school that you willingly decide to pay out of pocket for, one hopes that there will be ongoing communication and that a good relationship will be held in the best interest of the student. However, when an educator is unwilling to work with a parent or listen, it can make things difficult.

Posted March 04, 2014
This is my son's first year at ECDS. I wrote the other review today, on a whim as I just wanted to share how happy we are with the school. He attended a high-end private school for 5 years and then one year in public so I feel I speak from experience. ECDS is wonderful. My child has never been so happy, academically challenged and accepted! Reading the negative review from a teacher was sad to say the least. If you are so disillusioned with the school, why work there? Or better yet, maybe focus your energy improving upon this unique and much needed school concept instead of writing anonymous poor reviews . Sounds like it is time for a job change. For those parents with loving, kind and unique children, who need a place to be who they are without social pressure and conformity - you will not find a better place. I am grateful everyday that we found this wonderful school for my son.

Posted February 23, 2014
Wonderful, warm environment with dedicated staff and a focus on building up skill sets on an individual student basis.

Posted February 13, 2014
ECDS is a warm and inviting school which feels more like a community. The teachers are eager and willing to be creative and think outside the box to help the children learn and succeed, not only academically, but also socially and emtionally. A great sense of team work is felt as a teachers work together to make ECDS a happy and safe school for all children. The success and rave reviews of the annual Social Studies fair shows the dedication of the staff and the high academic acheivemnts of the students.

Posted March 10, 2013
I am incredibly impressed by this school. My son was alternately bored and overwhelmed by the "one size fits all" education and large classrooms he was getting in public school. He is thriving at ECDS. What a lovely community -- the high school students often come in to tutor the elementary school children. And there is zero bullying. In fact, my son asked me why he doesn't "have a bully" (he sees them in movies/TV all the time). A kind, lovely school that is focused on bringing out the best of every student -- academically and socially. We are thrilled that we found this school for our son.

Posted October 05, 2012
Both of my children attended ECDS for two years and they were magical years. The public school system was responding to my son's academic giftedness with challenge work (more class work and homework) instead of helping him advance at his accelerated pace. We looked at every private school in Fairfield Co, and literally exhaled with relief when we met with Suellen at ECDS. They have a vertical learning program where children learn at their own pace. My son began taking classes two years above his age level and finally found a fit. In addition, the nurturing hands-on environment has the children smiling in the halls and teachers hugging the students. It may not be the fanciest looking private school, but if you want your child to learn at their own pace, in a supportive environment (ZERO bullying), then ECDS is the school for you.

Easton Country Day School
660 Morehouse Road, Easton, CT  06612
Last modified Easton Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Easton Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top