No rating

St. Martha School

Private | K-8 | 212 students

Saint Martha School is a 2010 National Blue Ribbon School.

Living in Enfield

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $160,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,040.

Posted July 11, 2012

My daughter just completed kindergarten at St. Martha's . What a wonderful experience we had with the staff, students, and parents. The school provides a rich educational experience, along with a warm, friendly atmosphere. Our original intention was to send her just for the full day kindergarten program, but due to the level of commitment and dedication of the teachers and administration, we have decided to send her back next year. If you are looking for a school that focuses on community, values educational rigor, and teaches respect, traditional values, and responsibility, St. Martha's does all that and more. We look forward to another fantastic year!

Posted May 7, 2012

Sadly St. Martha has deteriorated substantially over the past several years. Attempts in that last year or two to stop the slide have only served to make the problems worse. Discipline and morale are at an all time low. Unfortunately we are pulling our child out as a result. At one time the school was a nurturing and welcoming learning environment for students and their families....now it is anything but.

Posted February 13, 2012

I recently graduated from Saint Martha School and i miss it a lot! The faculty and staff were welcoming and always willing to help. The academics and discipline were wonderful! I always knew i was welcomed and accepted there. It is a very good school with lots to offer from Kindergarten to 8th grade. You will get the education you are looking for, and make friends that will last a lifetime! Go to Saint Martha's!!

Posted May 6, 2010

St. Martha School has been nominated for the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award. Students perform well above their grade levels in standardized testing and students excel in post elementary private and public high schools. The students become life long learners. The foundational skills learned at this school last a lifetime. The school tuition is still below other schools in the Hartford/Springfield area.

Posted December 13, 2009

All of my children have gone through St. Martha's School and they have all excelled through high school and now also in College. As with all schools, they have their ups and downs, but by far my children received an excellent education and made life long friends here along with strong moral values. If I had more children, they to would attend this school.

Posted October 20, 2009

I am a student at st. Martha, and i love it here. The teachers are great, and you are well prepared for high school. I am in eighth grade and it's really fun! we elect class officers, and we get kindergarteners. The only sad thing is that our class has grown so close that it will be hard to say good bye in june. I love it here at st. Martha and i hope if you are considering a achool for your child, st. Martha is your destination!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 27, 2009

As a long term teacher at St. Martha School, I have had the opportunity to follow our graduates as they continue their life journeys. When they leave school, they are well prepared for academic success. It is not uncommon for students to return to report on his or her accomplishments in high school and even beyond. Spirituality is nourished on a daily basis with morning and afternoon prayer, monthly Reconciliation, First Friday Mass and Adoration. We teach the children to live by the words of Matthew, 'Whatever you do to the least of my people, you do for me.' Whether we are conducting a project to build another house in Haiti {we have six}, buying animals with Project Heifer or helping out the local food banks, our students learn and live the words of Matthew. Academic excellence, spirituality and social justice awareness- it works at St. Martha School. Jean Bodman
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 13, 2009

I'm a student at St. Martha School in Enfield, CT. I can tell you that St. Martha School is the best place to send your children to learn and make friends. The teachers here will help a student to understand something if they are not sure what to do or what it means. All of the students attend a monthly confeshion and mass to help us grow closer to God. Plus we have Religion class in our scedual so you don't have to send your children to C.C.D. on Sundays. As a student currently moving up to seventh grade I think that we have the best students. The grades six-eight have teachers that cange frome class to class so that we get a better feal of how high school will be. Finally, Sister Teresa is the best principal that any school could ever have, and im glad II have her here.

Posted June 29, 2009

I was somewhat disappointed with the school, overall. It was not a good fit, for my family. We left after 5 years...and are much happier in the public school system.

Posted April 20, 2009

While the catholic education in my opinion should be a wonderful expereince the grass is not always greener. The resolution to matters where concerns have been raised with the way in which children are singled out and labelled as high achievers vs. what is considered average or below average has been unacceptable. Equality, integrity and diversity all come to mind in terms of representing an honest image of the educational environment.

Posted February 29, 2008

I am a student at St. Martha and I'm glad that I get to go there. The teachers and principal are wonderful, along with the education and spiritual foundation. I have learned so much there and it's developed me into the person I am today. St. Martha guides their students to achieve what they can, and to allow them to excell. If you ever have the chance to send your children there, I'd highly recommend this school to anyone.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 28, 2008

This school is wonderful. I have gone there since pre-school and I'm truly glad that St. Martha is the school I can call as my own. I learn so much there, and it enables me to succeed. Not only are the acedemics great, but the spiritual foundation is outstandind. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 10, 2008

I love this school! My children have done wonderfully here. The school is staffed by a strong Principal, caring staff, and highly motivated parents that are involved in many aspects of the school. I always feel very involved with the education provided and would recommend this school to anyone looking for a nuturing environment in which to send their children. The students come out of this school, on average, a grade level above where they should be and they will have learned great studying skills to carry them successfully into the future.

Posted December 21, 2007

St. Martha's is a great school that really provides a quality foundation for our children not only in learning but in becomes moral individuals. I would recommend this school highly.

Posted April 6, 2006

This is a wonderful school where children get an excellent academic background as well as a Christ centered learning experience. My son graduated from this school,went on to a public high school and then onto UConn and credits his sound academic base to this school. This school also does community service projects, celebrates Mass on First Friday's and Holy Days, has monthly Eucharistic adoration for each class and offers monthly Reconciliation. My children have gotten a wonderful academic and religious education at this school! I have had children in this school for the past 17 years and the children, parents and staff are great to work with. I hope you consider this wonderful school if you are in the area!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Hartford

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Preschool

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Northwest Catholic High School