K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

A great choice. We have two children in Saint Martha's and I have to tell you, we couldn't be happier. With the new principal taking over this year and taking the reigns and directing school to the future, we know we made the correct decision to send our children here.

I am a proud parent of two St. Martha School students. St. Martha School is the best private school in our area. The school was recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School (I believe it is the only school in Enfield that has received this recognition.) I honestly could not find a better school to send my children to. The faculty is outstanding and I love the family atmosphere. The technology is also outstanding. It is amazing to see even the young children working with IPads. All classrooms have Smart Boards. The school also offers many activities, sports and clubs. Great school! I highly recommend St. Martha School!

St. Martha school is the whole package. I currently have two children in the school. I couldn't ask for anything more when it comes to a place where I am sending my child to spend their day. From the moment they are dropped off in the morning to when the bus drops them off they treated and taught with respect. Their curriculum far exceeded that of ANY school in Enfield and surrounding areas. The support of this is even Enfield Teachers send their children here. Their Iowa test scores and yes Blue Ribbon award are evident of that. They have top notch technology in all classrooms and ALL students use IPADS, even our kindergarteners. They have the big sister and big brother program all the way through the school years. That is beneficial to hold older kids accountable in their actions and for the younger kids to have someone to look up to. Every day our children come home with something they learned from that day. They always have something to share and they want to go back the next day which is amazing. The values, the education, the staff, everything about this school in reminded about every day how we made the right decision for our children.

People are baited by a blue ribbon award that the school has only won once and that was a while ago - I don't believe that they are currently blue ribbon qualified. Another area of concern that I have is the lack of stability in teachers. Consistently shuffling teachers around or hiring substitutes for lengthy amounts of time. My finally irritating issue with Saint Martha is that they are always begging you for more money on top of the high tuition rate that Non-parishioners pay, oh and let's not forget the increase in tuition mid School year. Poor school in every category. Don't send your child here, save yourself the dissatisfaction and frustration.

Develops character: Disagree

The students have no pride in their work and the work that comes home lacks organization

My daughter just completed kindergarten at St. Martha's . What a wonderful experience we had with the staff, students, and parents. The school provides a rich educational experience, along with a warm, friendly atmosphere. Our original intention was to send her just for the full day kindergarten program, but due to the level of commitment and dedication of the teachers and administration, we have decided to send her back next year. If you are looking for a school that focuses on community, values educational rigor, and teaches respect, traditional values, and responsibility, St. Martha's does all that and more. We look forward to another fantastic year!

Sadly St. Martha has deteriorated substantially over the past several years. Attempts in that last year or two to stop the slide have only served to make the problems worse. Discipline and morale are at an all time low. Unfortunately we are pulling our child out as a result. At one time the school was a nurturing and welcoming learning environment for students and their families....now it is anything but.

I recently graduated from Saint Martha School and i miss it a lot! The faculty and staff were welcoming and always willing to help. The academics and discipline were wonderful! I always knew i was welcomed and accepted there. It is a very good school with lots to offer from Kindergarten to 8th grade. You will get the education you are looking for, and make friends that will last a lifetime! Go to Saint Martha's!!

St. Martha School has been nominated for the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award. Students perform well above their grade levels in standardized testing and students excel in post elementary private and public high schools. The students become life long learners. The foundational skills learned at this school last a lifetime. The school tuition is still below other schools in the Hartford/Springfield area.

All of my children have gone through St. Martha's School and they have all excelled through high school and now also in College. As with all schools, they have their ups and downs, but by far my children received an excellent education and made life long friends here along with strong moral values. If I had more children, they to would attend this school.

Last modified St. Martha School is a Private school that serves grades K-8