Enfield, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted July 11, 2012
My daughter just completed kindergarten at St. Martha's . What a wonderful experience we had with the staff, students, and parents. The school provides a rich educational experience, along with a warm, friendly atmosphere. Our original intention was to send her just for the full day kindergarten program, but due to the level of commitment and dedication of the teachers and administration, we have decided to send her back next year. If you are looking for a school that focuses on community, values educational rigor, and teaches respect, traditional values, and responsibility, St. Martha's does all that and more. We look forward to another fantastic year!

St. Martha School 2

Posted May 07, 2012
Sadly St. Martha has deteriorated substantially over the past several years. Attempts in that last year or two to stop the slide have only served to make the problems worse. Discipline and morale are at an all time low. Unfortunately we are pulling our child out as a result. At one time the school was a nurturing and welcoming learning environment for students and their families....now it is anything but.

Posted February 13, 2012
I recently graduated from Saint Martha School and i miss it a lot! The faculty and staff were welcoming and always willing to help. The academics and discipline were wonderful! I always knew i was welcomed and accepted there. It is a very good school with lots to offer from Kindergarten to 8th grade. You will get the education you are looking for, and make friends that will last a lifetime! Go to Saint Martha's!!

St. Martha School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
St. Martha School has been nominated for the prestigious Blue Ribbon School Award. Students perform well above their grade levels in standardized testing and students excel in post elementary private and public high schools. The students become life long learners. The foundational skills learned at this school last a lifetime. The school tuition is still below other schools in the Hartford/Springfield area.

Posted December 13, 2009
All of my children have gone through St. Martha's School and they have all excelled through high school and now also in College. As with all schools, they have their ups and downs, but by far my children received an excellent education and made life long friends here along with strong moral values. If I had more children, they to would attend this school.

Posted October 20, 2009
I am a student at st. Martha, and i love it here. The teachers are great, and you are well prepared for high school. I am in eighth grade and it's really fun! we elect class officers, and we get kindergarteners. The only sad thing is that our class has grown so close that it will be hard to say good bye in june. I love it here at st. Martha and i hope if you are considering a achool for your child, st. Martha is your destination!!!

Posted August 27, 2009
As a long term teacher at St. Martha School, I have had the opportunity to follow our graduates as they continue their life journeys. When they leave school, they are well prepared for academic success. It is not uncommon for students to return to report on his or her accomplishments in high school and even beyond. Spirituality is nourished on a daily basis with morning and afternoon prayer, monthly Reconciliation, First Friday Mass and Adoration. We teach the children to live by the words of Matthew, 'Whatever you do to the least of my people, you do for me.' Whether we are conducting a project to build another house in Haiti {we have six}, buying animals with Project Heifer or helping out the local food banks, our students learn and live the words of Matthew. Academic excellence, spirituality and social justice awareness- it works at St. Martha School. Jean Bodman

Posted August 13, 2009
I'm a student at St. Martha School in Enfield, CT. I can tell you that St. Martha School is the best place to send your children to learn and make friends. The teachers here will help a student to understand something if they are not sure what to do or what it means. All of the students attend a monthly confeshion and mass to help us grow closer to God. Plus we have Religion class in our scedual so you don't have to send your children to C.C.D. on Sundays. As a student currently moving up to seventh grade I think that we have the best students. The grades six-eight have teachers that cange frome class to class so that we get a better feal of how high school will be. Finally, Sister Teresa is the best principal that any school could ever have, and im glad II have her here.

St. Martha School 0

Posted June 29, 2009
I was somewhat disappointed with the school, overall. It was not a good fit, for my family. We left after 5 years...and are much happier in the public school system.

St. Martha School 2

Posted April 20, 2009
While the catholic education in my opinion should be a wonderful expereince the grass is not always greener. The resolution to matters where concerns have been raised with the way in which children are singled out and labelled as high achievers vs. what is considered average or below average has been unacceptable. Equality, integrity and diversity all come to mind in terms of representing an honest image of the educational environment.

St. Martha School