Posted September 17, 2013
I saw the rating of this school was 9 last year, but it has come down to 7 this year. Wondering whats the reason for this sudden shift?

Posted May 16, 2013
I couldn't be happier with the way the school is run. I have had a great experience this year. I feel that my sons teacher is absolutely exceptional and the staff otherwise is top notch!!!

Posted April 25, 2011
The Parkman School has a strong academic lineage of bright, determined students. Top students who have graduated from the high school have had their roots from Parkman. This is in part of great parenting with solid core values that encourage education. This school is located in an upper middle class neighborhood in southern Enfield. Teachers, however, should gain the most credit for molding our children into such great scholars! Facilities are some of the newest in town. At the minimum, the school needs air-conditioning and technological integration in the classroom. Other than that, I am proud of how great this school has become. It's CMT scores are extremely high and well above the state average. I'm not sure how relevant this review will be. My children went here when this school was a K-6 elementary school, but will be a 3-5 Intermediate school starting the Fall of 2011. This is positive change that will benefit Enfield in the long run. Schools like Parkman are what makes the town of Enfield so desirable. Principal Sampl had a clear plan for this school and has executed her duties well. Great job to the administration and teachers for molding our future leaders of America!

Edgar H. Parkman School 0

Posted January 08, 2009
In my opinion Parkman is a very good school, and I'm glad my daughter is in kindegarten there. Her teacher always gives us updates, and lets us parents participate in activites. Im fact I beleive both teachers are great and really get the kids to learn what they need while having fun. The christmas ctivities were so much fun ,the kids had teh biggest smiles.. As for the parking at Parkman, if thats tehonly complaint then life is good for us parent.. Kudos to Parkman and it's staff. Principle always says hi, and involved.. Great job, looking forward to our daughter's future there in elementary school..

Edgar H. Parkman School 4

Posted December 01, 2008
I think that Parkman School is a very good place to learn. The teachers may be young, but they do a good job just the same. The events at the school are very fun. Such events include field day, mix-it-up at lunch day, and field trips. Most kids in the school are very smart.

Posted March 26, 2008
Wonderful school! Caring staff. Excellent PTO. CMT grades are above average.

Posted February 28, 2006

Posted January 10, 2006
I think the parking is terrible at parkman school. There is not enough spaces for parents to park and pick up their children. And nobody care enough to do something about it. This school is suppose to be one of thebest elem. schools in Enfield. Theirs 70% walkers and at pickup time we are being directed by the principal because we are parked along the gym or places in a firelane to try to get our kids safely and were told to circle the parking lot until a space opens. When 100 kids and parents are walking through the parking lot trying to get to their cars. This is rediculous. Some people are more concered about parents waiting in their cars in fire lanes than children getting hurt walking in parking lot or running after their parent thinking they are leaving them when the parent has to circle again.

Posted January 11, 2005
I feel that the schools a very good one. I do have some issues with the way that the school is run. We have very old equipment in the outside school area. Some children have been getting hurt and it is very upseting. We also have very young teachers who seem to not know too much about the students that they are trying to teach. Children with different problems, such as math or reading, had no idea at the school open house that these students had any of these problems. To be a new teacher and not to open a file on your students to know who they are is just wrong. We do have some excellent teachers in this school. But I think the principal needs to open her eyes to what is really going on.

Edgar H. Parkman School
165 Weymouth Rd, Enfield, CT  06082
Last modified Edgar H. Parkman School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgar H. Parkman School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.