Enfield, CT
Students enrolled: 1,058

Posted February 03, 2014
I have to agree with the other Mom about the type of education the kids are receiving. I compared this school to others in the area and was surprised at how low the numbers matched up with the other towns. The most interesting part was that the teachers were paid more here than the other towns but the test comparison isn't even close. So according to my research the students at this school are receiving an education that is not even close to the towns nearby and the teachers are receiving better pay than schools in the surrounding towns. There is a lack of sports programs offered, unless you like to play football, and when it comes to any mental health issues any students may have there are no resources that I have ever been aware of. I agree with the other Mom. Time to get out of town for our children, unless of course they want a job at Liberty Tax. The school in general is not conducive to a learning environment comparable to towns in the surrounding areas. It's time to place my tax dollars where the best interest of my children and their futures are considered priority. It will be interesting to see how this school scores on the Core Curriculum! LOL

Posted July 26, 2012
My son took his portfolio art course his senior year at Fermi. Having a son who has experienced both high schools in town, I can say that Fermi has proved itself as an awful environment for student learning. Administration isn't honest and they do not offer students resources for educational benefit and counseling services for mental or social problems. However, the snob factor isn't as much of a problem here as it is at EHS. I have walked through the building myself and the facilities are comparatively worse than Enfield's, which is surprising considering that Fermi's building is 8 years younger than Enfield High. Recent 2012 CAPT scores and SAT averages are lower at this school, as well. Consolidation for the town's high schools is highly necessary not only for the academic benefit of course offerings, but for the money we will all be saving not to renovate two high schools to meet minimum academic standards, which will not be reimbursed! The people here are a piece of work. The environment is not enriching for students, especially not for high achievers. I do not recommend this school for anyone. Cut your losses and get out of town.

Enrico Fermi High School 5

Posted April 13, 2010

Enrico Fermi High School 0

Posted March 17, 2010
Fermi set me up for a great future and provided me with a lot of support and guidance. My transition into college was so smooth thanks to the faculty and staff that truly cares about the students. I am proud to be a Fermi alumn!

Enrico Fermi High School 2

Posted March 05, 2010
Fermi High is all about the talk. But whether or not they follow through is debatable. My kids received an awful education from there. The principal seems to be the only one fighting to unify the community but it's really in vain. The teachers are not up to par and the students think that they are entitled to everything. These values promote laziness and a lack of will to learn, which is probably why Fermi's tests scores FELL. Sports and clubs aren't encouraged. Overall dissatisfied.

Posted August 16, 2009

Enrico Fermi High School 3

Posted October 30, 2007

Enrico Fermi High School
124 North Maple St, Enfield, CT  06082
Last modified Enrico Fermi High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Enrico Fermi High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top