No rating

Henry Barnard School

Public | K-2

Posted November 10, 2013

My child is now a Second grader at Henry Barnard. He started his attendance here in Kindergarten. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. My child has special needs and has struggled with ADHD as well. The teaching staff, office staff, and Principal have all been so supportive and worked with him to help him achieve the highest success. The wonderful staff at this school is open minded and has been so encouraging. I need to add that my child gets special assistance from Occupational Therapy as well. This is something that many schools don't have the means to assist with. The TLC program has also been a huge assistance when we struggled with our reading. My child has improved significantly with all the extra help and the staff that have gone above and beyond.

Posted September 28, 2012

This school goes the extra mile for every student. The teachers and especially the principal go out of their way to help a student with any problems that arise. An all round great school for children!

Posted April 29, 2009

I think that Henry Barnard is a wonderful school. My son is in the first grade and he has a wonderful teacher and the principal is wonderful. My son at times has behavioral issues but they dont let him get away with it, they really care. They've set up meetings fro the parents and staff to talk. They've also put him into a program called pride patrol to encourage good behavior. The communication between teachers principal and parents is superb. I couldnt ask for anything more. Thank you all for all of your hard work.

Posted June 2, 2008

My child is in the 1st grade and was in the tlc reading lab which helped her tremendously with her reading skills ,I am impressed with her accomplishments from the extra help she recieved.

Posted November 28, 2007

Overall, I am happy with the way Henry Barnard runs. My kids are coming from Eli Whitney and I am a little discouraged that HB does not offer more help in the reading area. My now second grader was recieving extra help in Eli Whitney, where she would be taken out of class and be put with three or four other children who also needed help. I found this very helpful and wish Henry Barnard had a program like that.

Posted November 28, 2007

My son is currently in Kindergarten, I knew he was struggling with his speech/language skills. My son was assessed by a professional and it was decided that he needed extra help. I really want to say that I appreciate the carring teachers who recognized that there is a problem and we need to help fix it. My son's kidergarten staff was very supportive of this. I can not express how greatful I'am to have my child around such caring professionals and is also greatful that Henry Barnard have the program to help out children with these kind of issues, the teachers really cared and I really thank them for that, its not easy dealing with something like that, we all want our children to excell in all areas and the staff at Henry Barnard are there to help them all achieve that goal. Thank you all so much!!

Posted September 16, 2005

My two girls have goon to this school for the last three years. The teachers are great. Although the office staff is just there to work and not for the kids. If the town would stop spending money on marble signs in front of the town hall. Then they could help the schools much more. This school does need work. If only they would listen.

Posted January 23, 2005

I think that Henry Barnard Elementary, from my experience, is a good school. Enfield, in general, is having difficulties finding the funding to run the school system optimally. However, the principal and staff are working extremely hard to ensure that the students are receiving the best education possible in spite of budgetary shortfalls. I am particularly impressed with the art curriculum. My son has excelled under both of his teachers so far. I am especially impressed with the younger instructors who are bringing fresh ideas and techniques into the classrooms. This is necessary in light of the new challenges they face in terms of students' needs and educational mandates. I find this school welcoming and grateful for any and all assistance and involvement from parents. I just wish that more parents took advantage of this opportunity to become in involved in their child's education.

Posted September 2, 2004

I would just like to say that I think that this school is wonderful. Not only do they help the children deal with what ever problems may arise the guidance councilor is a huge help. I have had a few issues with a teacher but after speaking with her she did what needed to be done. I have two children now in this school and they both love the teachers and the school alike.

Posted November 2, 2003

There is absolutely no communication between the school and the parents. The school is unwilling to listen and hear the needs of the children as well as the concerns of the parents.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 35%N/A35%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

27 Shaker Rd