Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I would say great but my sons kindergarten teacher was more worried about his behavior to catch how far he was behind in reading. My son has ADHD which I informed her before school started but thankfully it was caught in 1st grade. The reading specialist worked with him for 1st and 2nd grade now as he starts 3rd grade he is at grade level for reading. The only teacher he has had that hasn't been great is the kindergarten teacher for obvious reasons. He has been at Burr since he was 3 years old in the pre-k program

Amount of homework: Agree

my son has to read 20 minutes daily and maybe 1-2 worksheets daily. To me this is good especially for the ADHD child since you have to keep attention long enough to do the homework

Develops character: Neutral

I have had issues with bullying on the bus and no real action was taken besides talking to the parties involved was when I finally told the principal next time the kid who was harassing my son says anything to my son I am going to tell my son to hit him then they were finally separated but overall in the school building I have found them to be very fair

Burr is a phenomenal school!!! Both my children, a son and a daughter, had a very positive experience there after transferring from another elementary school in town. The staff at Burr is welcoming and well equipped to provide all children with a great educational experience. Burr has excellent teachers who are caring and competent in delivering a rigorous curriculum by engaging students in meaningful yet creative instructional activities tailored to suit the individual their needs. As a parent and educator myself, I can attest to the high quality education and care that Burr school offers to all of its students.

The teachers are OK but some of the higher paid administrators (exception being the school psychologist) and those hired to be curriculum leaders are a waste of time. Put more teachers into the classrooms, stop letting 5th graders wander off the farm and do their own research with little or no guidance so they end up doing reports that have nothing to do with the main topic.

I wrote a review about this school recently and it was okay but now I have changed my mind. I'm a boy at burr and my teacher loves the girls so I get great grades and I was the student council and when 2 boys are playing on the computers in the back she lets the girls have free time and make the boys read because of 2 people it's crazy. I liked my old school much better but however I did make more friends at this school but did get bullied more.

We moved to Fairfield from Chicago just before our son entered the fourth grade at Burr. His teachers have been consistently excellent, setting high standards and working to help him meet them. I like the degree to which parents are involved in school activities, and administrators have been kind and responsive when we've had a question or concern. As if that weren't enough, the building itself is well-designed, full of light; the library especially is an inspiring place to be. Even though the school is, as others note, quite new, I've noticed parents, staff, and students pulling together, especially over the past year, to live and work and dream as a community. My only complaint is that I don't have more than one child to send to this wonderful school! :-)

The staff is caring and responsive. The quality of teaching is high and the opprotunities offered to children are diverse. As a parent, I couldn't ask for more and am thrilled that our children are going to such a fine institution. Parent involvement is the highest I have seen anywhere.

Congratulations to Burr for another great school year! I am so grateful that my kids attend a school that is safe, supportive, challenging and open. In addition to high quality PK-5 teachers, the music and arts program is quite impressive. WIth 7 years at this school, issues have come up but the teachers and principal are approachable and work together to solve problems. Many opportunities for parent involvement, big or small. The newer building and technology is a nice bonus.

This school is nice enough but once I moved out of the district into another district in the same town, i realized how much better another school can be. Burr was passing my youngest son along even though I knew in my heart that he had some sort of learning disability. The school refused to see it so I had to pay for an outside eval. At our new school (Hollan Hill), the principal greets everyone every morning and knows the students by name. Also returns phone calls, which the other one didn'.t Just because Burr is newer, shinier and "fancier", bricks and mortar do not make a school. My other 3 kids did ok in the school, no complaints as most of the teachers are really nice.

Last modified Burr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.