Fairfield, CT

Posted April 10, 2014
The teachers are OK but some of the higher paid administrators (exception being the school psychologist) and those hired to be curriculum leaders are a waste of time. Put more teachers into the classrooms, stop letting 5th graders wander off the farm and do their own research with little or no guidance so they end up doing reports that have nothing to do with the main topic.

Posted April 08, 2014
I wrote a review about this school recently and it was okay but now I have changed my mind. I'm a boy at burr and my teacher loves the girls so I get great grades and I was the student council and when 2 boys are playing on the computers in the back she lets the girls have free time and make the boys read because of 2 people it's crazy. I liked my old school much better but however I did make more friends at this school but did get bullied more.

Posted April 09, 2013
We moved to Fairfield from Chicago just before our son entered the fourth grade at Burr. His teachers have been consistently excellent, setting high standards and working to help him meet them. I like the degree to which parents are involved in school activities, and administrators have been kind and responsive when we've had a question or concern. As if that weren't enough, the building itself is well-designed, full of light; the library especially is an inspiring place to be. Even though the school is, as others note, quite new, I've noticed parents, staff, and students pulling together, especially over the past year, to live and work and dream as a community. My only complaint is that I don't have more than one child to send to this wonderful school! :-)

Posted June 19, 2011
The staff is caring and responsive. The quality of teaching is high and the opprotunities offered to children are diverse. As a parent, I couldn't ask for more and am thrilled that our children are going to such a fine institution. Parent involvement is the highest I have seen anywhere.

Posted June 17, 2011
Congratulations to Burr for another great school year! I am so grateful that my kids attend a school that is safe, supportive, challenging and open. In addition to high quality PK-5 teachers, the music and arts program is quite impressive. WIth 7 years at this school, issues have come up but the teachers and principal are approachable and work together to solve problems. Many opportunities for parent involvement, big or small. The newer building and technology is a nice bonus.

Burr Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2010
This school is nice enough but once I moved out of the district into another district in the same town, i realized how much better another school can be. Burr was passing my youngest son along even though I knew in my heart that he had some sort of learning disability. The school refused to see it so I had to pay for an outside eval. At our new school (Hollan Hill), the principal greets everyone every morning and knows the students by name. Also returns phone calls, which the other one didn'.t Just because Burr is newer, shinier and "fancier", bricks and mortar do not make a school. My other 3 kids did ok in the school, no complaints as most of the teachers are really nice.

Burr Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted May 26, 2009
The teachers are hardworking, dynamic and effective and the school is excellent. It is one of the best schools in the district. The Principal is experienced and caring and hires terrific educators to carry out his mission of excellence.

Posted April 30, 2009
This school may look fancy, but the overall quality of the staff is mediocre. The principal is somehwat of a buearocrat who's been in the system a long time but does not stick his neck out nor encourage academic excellence. Although he and the staff may like to take credit for CMT's, etc. if you put them all in to a less monied system in Bridgeport, they'd have nothing to crow about. It's the wealth of the parents and their outside tutoring that gets results at this school, not the staff.

Posted January 07, 2009
My son is going to this school and I see lot of improvement in him.

Burr Elementary School
1960 Burr St, Fairfield, CT  06824
Last modified Burr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burr Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top