Fairfield, CT
Students enrolled: 1,353
Before care: Yes

Posted July 08, 2014
I didn't realize what a good school Fairfield Warde was until I got to college and found out that not all school systems are so lucky. My jaw hit the floor when some of my (private highly rated liberal arts school) college classmates didn't know what an X variable was. When I went to FWHS it was so big that you could really take a plethora of classes unavailable at smaller schools, and that allowed me to find my niche.

Posted February 16, 2014
Love my school, the diversty is good, classes are good, a bit of a chalenge but nothng a hard-worker couldn't handle:) I will very much miss it when I leave. They are welcoming and nice and we have some really great teachers.

Fairfield Warde High School 4

Posted June 22, 2013
Well, I just graduated from this school and I miss it already. The faculty are so welcoming. Instead of seeing them as teachers, you start to see them as second parents because of the special bond you grow between one another. Mostly all the teachers know you by name. The only down fall is that most of the students are very ignorant when it comes to race, culture, and stereotypes. It's as if they only know Fairfield and never been anywhere else with different types of people. Going through this just makes the non-ignorant stronger and more prepared for life outside of Fairfield... Overall this school is great and if I can do it all over again I would. :)

Fairfield Warde High School 4

Posted June 21, 2013
Fairfield Warde High School provides a strong, comprehensive high school education. In general, both teaching and administrative staff are very highly qualified and extremely caring. Students are encouraged to attain high levels of academic success through ready access to honors and AP courses; and courses like American Studies provide particularly strong preparation for college-level study habits and discourse. The extra-curricular programs are varied, with lots of opportunities for student participation--in athletics, the arts and philanthropic organizations. However, recent budget concerns may be putting pressure on extra-curriculars--for example, "pay to play" will be introduced for 2013-2014 for certain sports, which may impact participation. One warning: like any school of its size, FWHS has an occasional teacher who doesn't measure up. It's important for parents to talk to their children about their school experiences, and if they start hearing that a teacher has never taught this subject before, or has never taught it at this level (e.g., AP) before, parents need to monitor their children's progress, and be vocal advocates within the school community.

Posted December 17, 2009
Great school, students were prepared to their next college level.My children who came here were accepted to one of the private prestigious school in the nation with the highest scholarships offer we could ever imagine. It's because of their preparation they got from this school, although there are lot of challenges ahead, but they are confident that they can tackle it, because of the motivation they learned at Fairfield Warde.As a parent we are grateful to this school.It deserve my rate.

Posted November 17, 2009
As a former student, this school was awesome. I have many memorable times in this school, all of them good ones. The music dept. was or rather still is amazing; the music dept at Warde is better than my college's. I remember being a senior and playing the William Tell Overture's Cello solo, which was an accomplishment.

Fairfield Warde High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My Child is getting a great education at Warde. She loves fashion and her teacher is helping her live her dream. She wants to earn a scholar ship to go to FIT for the summer program.

Posted March 22, 2009

Posted February 09, 2009
I love this school so much. I currently go here and it is so accepting which is very nice. There is a place for everyone, most teachers are good too. overall, i feel like we are all treated with respect, we are treated as equals, and teachers let us be ourselves while trying to help us excell in every way. my school is amazing. also the extra curriculars are such a great opportunity! they are in the morning though which is cool, like the clubs are really interesting. bassically this school is a good choice. <3

Posted January 11, 2009
As a student at this school who would, by all teen-movie standards, be considered an outcast, there was no more welcoming atmosphere than Warde. Sure, there were a few groups here and there, but the overall level of acceptance and interaction was a far cry away from many horror stories one hears about teenage issolation.

Fairfield Warde High School
755 Melville Ave, Fairfield, CT  06825
Last modified Fairfield Warde High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairfield Warde High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top