Fairfield, CT

Posted July 06, 2011
My daughter went to Holland Hill K-5 and my son will be in 2nd grade this fall. We have been HH parents for 7 years. In Fairfield we are fortunate to have strong schools. You aren't going to wrong with any of them. Teachers throughout the district will vary, so it is difficult to compare. There are some things that set Holland Hill apart: - Among the Fairfield elementary schools, HH is 2nd to McKinley school in terms of racial diversity. Fairfield in general is not a very diverse community as a whole. - HH families are economically diverse. If there is one group missing it is the very wealthy. There are many single-parent and two-income families. - HH and McKinley are the only elem schools in Fairfield that meet the state's diversity guidelines for Title 1 funding. This funding allows the school to offer additional reading assistance, after school programs and summer tutoring for math and english. - Parent involvement in the school is strong. The HH PTA is very active. - The current principal is amazing. He gets to know each of the children (seriously) and puts an enormous amount of energy into the school.

Holland Hill School 3

Posted July 12, 2010
My daughter went to Holland Hill in K and first grade in 2004 and 2005 years. During the K we did not pay much attention to academics, however in year one we were a bit surprised to see her subtracting and adding within 10. In addition to it she got a horrendous report stating that she does not understand the maths concepts. Do you know the feeling that you absolutely sure that your kid is bright, but ,strange enough, falls through the school system? My husband and I went to talk to principal and teachers, but understood from the meeting that it is pointless. Holland Hill is the school where If you are not academically challenged or exceptionally gifted, you are falling through the system. She went to UK school, so I am comparing apples and oranges. She passed math and E in 5th grade in 97% of highest level possible.

Posted May 14, 2010
I moved into this district and have found it to be a FAR superior school. Old school we went to in Fairfield had the "bells and whistles' and smart boards but that has NOTHING to do with how well the teachers teach and the quality fo the staff. I love that my kids were so accepted and can walk to school and the principal is just wonderful. By far a better school than our previous experience.

Posted January 02, 2010
I used to got to Holland Hill and I think it is one of the best schools iv'e ever gone to! It is always full of excitment and has many adventures through each grade you go through. I always felt safe and loved by teachers and the students still are polite and friendly. I think Holland Hill is a very unique school.

Posted March 11, 2009

Holland Hill School 0

Posted June 26, 2008
Holland Hill School is a wonderful neighborhood school. Most of the kids are walkers who enjoy being on the property even after school hours. There is always something going on there, be it an art show, a parent meeting, a playground get-together, and the parents in the community try to stay involved. The school is older, its facilities are not so modern, but that is part of its charm. The kids have a rich experience there, even without all the 'bells and whisles' like smartboards and laptops. They feel safe and loved. It's a little gem of a school.

Posted March 22, 2008

Holland Hill School 4

Posted January 19, 2007
This is a great school with lots of parent involvement. For Fairfield it is one of the more diverse schools but still lacking in diversity. The teachers are wonderful and the sense of community is very good.

Posted May 10, 2006
Although I believe Holland Hill to be a wonderful school, I feel as though my children are missing the value of diversity.

Holland Hill School 4

Posted May 13, 2005

Holland Hill School
200 Meadowcroft Rd, Fairfield, CT  06824
Last modified Holland Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holland Hill School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top