Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Don't want to pay attention at bullies and kids being bullied! They need to fix this! THE SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST IS USELESS!!!!

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

A lot of kids to kids bullying going on in this school, many parents complain nothing is being done!!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH THIS SCHOOL!!! There is a lot of bullying and kids getting hurt at RECESS! Few teachers at this school don't care about your child. At recess they are too busy chatting with one another and don't pay attention at kids when they are in play ground! Kids get hurt break their arm wrist and leg, get pushed and bullied, Board of Ed needs to step in and fix this school!! There is a mixture with hyperactive children that disrupt the class, and if you have a child thats willing to learn he/she will suffer.

The teachers have always been very caring and supportive of my child. The pricipal even makes an effort to come to all the events outside of school hours to show her support. I've found the other parents I've met on the playground and on field trips to be kind and caring. So happy we bought in this district.

My children have been in this school for years and we always have problem people are very rude and stuck up if you are not involved in PTA or kissing someone's behind they can care less for you or your children the principal has zero compassion very rude if you do no put money in to the school you are a nobody and they will make you feel very uncomfortable my children do not want to stay in this school they denied my daughter a phone call twice and it was an emergency the bullying and discrimination that goes on in this school is horrible I would not recommend this school to anyone unless you have money to throw away then you will be love the principal has to go

We love this school. It was the reason why we moved to this area. It provides the most real world scenario in all of Fairfield. Kids of over 30 countries come to this school. The teachers are VERY involved with the students. I have 2 kids. 1 already graduated from McKinley while the other one still has 1 more year to go. The community is like a FAMILY. Yes, you will hear this word a lot in this school because it is true. I don't write reviews but I will take the time for this school. The carnival is something that ALL of Fairfield looks forward to. What else can I say other than this. We feel extremely fortunate to have experience first hand how this school operates. How they receive you with open arms. How they treat your kid like it's their own. It was the best decision that we made when we moved here. We looked at all of the towns in Fairfield County but for us Fairfield and this school stood out the most. We LOVE this school and it's Faculty :-)

McKinley IS family. My wife and I are absolutely thrilled with the education our boys are getting at McK, and the incredible friends they (and we!) have made. This school is really tops in Fairfield; the reason the site rating reflects slightly lower than other FF elementaries is because we are the international school in town and our overall test scores tend to skew lower - not because of the quality of education, but because of our amazing diversity of students who speak English as a 2nd language. Love, love, LOVE this school!

My 3 children currently go to this school and our family loves it. The teachers are incredibly involved in the classroom, but also in extracurricular activities. They will often attend or volunteer for PTA events, or attend their students' sporting events and dance recitals. The music & drama programs are incredible and the art program is part of the American Mural Project. The students' artwork is displayed on every inch of wall space. The PTA hosts math nights, read ins, author visits, cultural entertainers, and even subsidizes field trips. The best part of the school is its diversity. The students are from more than 30 countries, and the students focus more on similarities than differences. The parents are also very involved. It's a very special place.

This school is absolutely amazing!!! First let me say that I NEVER write reviews for anything. I had to share my experience on how great this school is! I have two children, one in pre-k and the other entering 3rd grade. My soon-to-be 3rd grader has flourished at Mckinley! The teachers are there because they care, not because they just want a paycheck every week. The teachers are fully involved in the children and the children's success. They make the kids WANT to succeed and excel. Just to give you an example on how much the teachers care, my son just received a letter from his 2nd grade teacher this week asking how his Summer was! What other school will you get a teacher taking time out of their Summer to send their students from the previous year a letter? In addition, all teachers participate in the school activities, concerts, fundraisers, volunteering throughout the year. As a child I attended school in Greenwich and the education does not compare to Mckinley. This school is absolutely amazing and any child would be lucky to attend!

This school takes such a beating because of its diversity. I live in Fairfield, CT, and this is a town with hidden racism. So, this school is consistently targeted. Our children currently attend McKinley, and it is probably one of the most well structured, organized, and supportive environments you'd ever want your children to experience. The people in the actual town however, extremely snobby, ill mannered, and basically just not very nice people. So, you have to weed yourself through the mire of racism that is an underlying quality of Fairfield, CT in general. Outside of that, the teachers are fantastic! No matter what any one may write here, I have never had any issue with the teachers, principle, or overall structure of McKinley's curriculum. The state I have issues with regarding the curriculum, but not McKinley. Honestly, I can not rave enough about the quality of this school. It's just too bad that it's located in such a spiteful and stubborn place like Fairfield. Or, I should correct myself, thank God it IS located in Fairfield, or else my lovely children would have to endure the racism from the towns narrow-minded offspring.

Last modified Mckinley School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.