Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mckinley School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 28, 2016
All of them for they care for your kids and it shows very well. Our kids looked forward to go to school here

Posted April 28, 2016
We love this school. It was the reason why we moved to this area. It provides the most real world scenario in all of Fairfield. Kids of over 30 countries come to this school. The teachers are VERY involved with the students. I have 2 kids. 1 already graduated from McKinley while the other one still has 1 more year to go. The community is like a FAMILY. Yes, you will hear this word a lot in this school because it is true. I don't write reviews but I will take the time for this school. The carnival is something that ALL of Fairfield looks forward to. What else can I say other than this. We feel extremely fortunate to have experience first hand how this school operates. How they receive you with open arms. How they treat your kid like it's their own. It was the best decision that we made when we moved here. We looked at all of the towns in Fairfield County but for us Fairfield and this school stood out the most. We LOVE this school and it's Faculty :-)

Posted April 28, 2016
McKinley IS family. My wife and I are absolutely thrilled with the education our boys are getting at McK, and the incredible friends they (and we!) have made. This school is really tops in Fairfield; the reason the site rating reflects slightly lower than other FF elementaries is because we are the international school in town and our overall test scores tend to skew lower - not because of the quality of education, but because of our amazing diversity of students who speak English as a 2nd language. Love, love, LOVE this school!

Posted April 27, 2016
My 3 children currently go to this school and our family loves it. The teachers are incredibly involved in the classroom, but also in extracurricular activities. They will often attend or volunteer for PTA events, or attend their students' sporting events and dance recitals. The music & drama programs are incredible and the art program is part of the American Mural Project. The students' artwork is displayed on every inch of wall space. The PTA hosts math nights, read ins, author visits, cultural entertainers, and even subsidizes field trips. The best part of the school is its diversity. The students are from more than 30 countries, and the students focus more on similarities than differences. The parents are also very involved. It's a very special place.

Posted April 24, 2015
Mckinley Elementary School is great! Principal Mrs. Pearson cares about the kids in that school, each morning she guides the traffic to make sure the kids are safe when coming to this school. The teachers are wonderful to name few Mrs. Scholz, Ms. Greco, Mrs. Barbosa and Mrs. Martin and many more!!

Posted August 03, 2014
This school is absolutely amazing!!! First let me say that I NEVER write reviews for anything. I had to share my experience on how great this school is! I have two children, one in pre-k and the other entering 3rd grade. My soon-to-be 3rd grader has flourished at Mckinley! The teachers are there because they care, not because they just want a paycheck every week. The teachers are fully involved in the children and the children's success. They make the kids WANT to succeed and excel. Just to give you an example on how much the teachers care, my son just received a letter from his 2nd grade teacher this week asking how his Summer was! What other school will you get a teacher taking time out of their Summer to send their students from the previous year a letter? In addition, all teachers participate in the school activities, concerts, fundraisers, volunteering throughout the year. As a child I attended school in Greenwich and the education does not compare to Mckinley. This school is absolutely amazing and any child would be lucky to attend!

Posted December 02, 2013
This school takes such a beating because of its diversity. I live in Fairfield, CT, and this is a town with hidden racism. So, this school is consistently targeted. Our children currently attend McKinley, and it is probably one of the most well structured, organized, and supportive environments you'd ever want your children to experience. The people in the actual town however, extremely snobby, ill mannered, and basically just not very nice people. So, you have to weed yourself through the mire of racism that is an underlying quality of Fairfield, CT in general. Outside of that, the teachers are fantastic! No matter what any one may write here, I have never had any issue with the teachers, principle, or overall structure of McKinley's curriculum. The state I have issues with regarding the curriculum, but not McKinley. Honestly, I can not rave enough about the quality of this school. It's just too bad that it's located in such a spiteful and stubborn place like Fairfield. Or, I should correct myself, thank God it IS located in Fairfield, or else my lovely children would have to endure the racism from the towns narrow-minded offspring.

Posted August 28, 2013
My school is a great place to be. My children have all had great experiences at McKinley. The PTA is very involved, adding enrichment programs for the children. It's like being part of a large extended family.

Mckinley School 1

Posted June 07, 2013
Some of the teachers at Mckinley are very rude they do not pay attention to my child they do not treat my child the same as the other students my daughters teacher now told me that my daughter ask too many questions my daughter has complained about bullying I had brought it up to the teacher and principal and they did nothing about it the teacher even said my daughter is a liar and she does not believe her about anything I am so upset this school is sad my child does not like her teacher the teacher singles her out everyday she even told my child she is not allowed to use the bathroom nor go to the nurses office anymore this school makes me sick they need better teachers and a principal

Posted May 14, 2013
McKinley is a school that is not only like a second family to those who are part of it, but boasts top-notch educators who challenge the children to think out of the proverbial box and use their creative thought processes. This school excels in academics on many levels and has teachers who go above and beyond for its students. I am proud to be a McKinley parent and that my children are learning from people who teach them to be book smart and how to apply their learnings to every day life.

Mckinley School
60 Thompson St, Fairfield, CT  06824
Last modified Mckinley School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.