Posted May 31, 2014
Our family has attended Stratfield School since 2004. We survived the renovations and additions. The new classrooms, media/library and central air are wonderful. It is a very happy environment for the children and the teachers are amazing! The community atmosphere provided by the families with their involvement in activities for the children are excellent. A very friendly community.

Posted October 15, 2010
7 years now our family has been part of this school, and the school continuously improves each year. I have yet to encounter a negative teacher, and the instruction is at an appropriate level for each grade. With half the construction completed, the school opened up the new wing with 8 new classrooms this year! Once complete, this school will be a shining star in the neighborhood. The Principal, teachers, students and parents who make up this school care deeply and that makes a world of difference!

Posted February 08, 2010
The school now has under 500 students in a space being renovated for 520 students - with swing space to accommodate an additional classroom for those years with extra large classes. The construction is underway and will correct the space issues. Leaving the renovation aside, the school is made up of a tight community with dedicated parents, faculty, and staff. My kids love it and are doing very well. They're getting the right amount of homework for their ages and are challenged without being stressed to tears.

Posted January 21, 2009
Overcrowded yes, but the teachers and staff make up for the obvious discomforts. My 5th grader loves her school as do I. Mr. Pecse is a wonderful caring person and the children are lucky to have him as a principal.

Stratfield School 2

Posted October 06, 2008
The parents and teachers try to do their best. The school teaches to the standardized tests and don't give enough homework with reading, and writing.

Stratfield School 2

Posted September 07, 2008
This school at one time might have been wonderful, but now it is over crowded and the students have actually lost most of their lunch room to classes. The school is in serious need of repair especially the out door pods. And as for safety I am sad to state that is not much better. As for children with special needs well there program is nearly non-existent. My family and I moved here from NY because of the schools and I have been extremely disappointed, as are many of the parents.

Posted September 26, 2007
Our family has been attending Stratfield for five years now. Stratfield has a very strong community where it feels like an extension to your own! Mr. Pesce is absolutely wonderful and takes a personal interest in each and every child and family. As far as education goes, there is definitely a strong emphasis on succeeding. My husband is a high school teacher at Warde; therefore, we are current on all scores. The environment at Stratfield is meticulously clean and colorful! Although we do have portables, I don't think it negatively affects anyone because of the positive atmosphere and influences. We are lucky to be a part of this community! Joy Cehovsky

Posted September 25, 2007
Great School with a great staff and actice parents

Stratfield School
1407 Melville Ave, Fairfield, CT  06825
Last modified Stratfield School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stratfield School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top