Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School 1

Posted October 07, 2014
I live in Trumbull and decided not to go to the public middle school and attend Discovery instead. I left after 6th grade. Nobody followed instructions. Although the teachers were kind, they taught VERY slowly. I was eventually moved up to 7th grade level math, and that class was okay. However, I got 85s on pretty much every test and did better than 98% of the 7th graders in that class. Most of the girls were friends and were on good terms with one another, but with the boys, you were either in or out. About half the girls were in, and were respected by the boys; they could have conversations with them, etc. The other half were teased constantly. I fell on the wrong side of that spectrum. I eventually hated going to school. The only thing I liked about it was the bus, which just happened to have the right social dynamic for me to be friends with everyone. However, the bus system itself was sloppy, unorganized, and straight up bad. Some days, the bus would come an hour late in the morning. I never knew when to go outside, b/c the times were different every day. I would suggest improving the bus system, better discipline, and more freedom for students-no hallway lines in 6th grade!!!

Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School 5

Posted September 26, 2012
I am very happy with the quality of the staff and facility. It is a wonderful school for our child

Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School 4

Posted September 04, 2012
i am very happy with this school. I cannot say enough about the quality of the teachers and the new facility is wonderful. i also cannot stress what a wonderful principal they have-very involved, present, caring , proactive etc.....she is the backbone of the school.

Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School 1

Posted March 26, 2012
This school is awful and should not even be called a magnet school. If I were a suburban parent, I would definitely not send my children there. Most of the teachers and staff are unprofessional and rude, and put their petty bickering over the concerns of the students. The principal is unprofessional and does not address concerns of parents. There is little sense of community in the building and few programs to involve children in at the school, and classroom management needs improvement. The security guard is rude to parents and children alike, and has been caught cursing at students, yet still has her job. The secretary is lazy, rude to parents and children, and does her best to avoid answering the phone. I had to call the school once during an emergency and she did not answer the phone for almost an hour. The only staff who are outstanding at this school are the paraprofessionals, without whom the school could not function. I do not recommend this school at all.

Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School
4510 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT  06825
Last modified Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3, 6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Interdistrict Magnet School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top