Farmington, CT

Miss Porter's School 2

Posted November 24, 2013
My daughter attends Porter's and we are very disappointed with the continued decline of the school. The head of school and administration are largely absent and unresponsive to any kind of feedback. Half of the faculty has left over the past two years and the new teachers are far too young and inexperienced to be effective in the classroom.

Posted September 24, 2013
Amazing. The staff and students here are just so helpful and they are always there for you. The traditions in the school are part of what makes porters unique. The academics are strong and so are the athletics and arts.

Posted March 29, 2013
MPS is an outstanding institution that helps girls become women of confidence, substance and stature. The academics are rigorous and the expectations high, but the teachers are available to support and cheer on the students. The fellow students are even more supportive--remarkably so-- and their is little tolerance for bad behavior among the girls. Everyone seems to find a niche where they can flourish. Finally, they give the girls the freedom to find their place in the world, without pushing them to go to a short list of colleges or engage in a preconceived list of activities.

Miss Porter's School 2

Posted January 09, 2013
The new head of school is a great business woman but has no real love of the girls. She has changed a lot of the wonderful established traditions It seems as if she has sucked all the fun out of the school. Many of the girls are demoralized. Some of the teachers are exceptional but many are only average. The pressure on the girls is huge and the support system is lacking. If I had the decision to make all over again, I would not have sent my daughter there.

Posted May 16, 2011
Miss Porter's School is a boarding school for girls, grade 9 through 12, located in Farmington, Connecticut. It is ranked number 1 all-girls school in the US. There are only about 89 students per grade, with the class average of 11 students and student teacher ratio of 1:8. It has one of the highest average SAT scores throughout high schools. Notable alumni include Jacqueline Kennedy, Gloria Vanderbilt, Dorothy Bush(Former-President Bush's sister), Dorothy Walker Bush(President bush's mother), Mamie Gummer(Meryl Streep's daughter) and Alice Hamilton. The school is very well-respected and famous donators include Oprah Winfrey. Miss Porter's School as sent many of its students to Ivy League colleges. It is difficult to get accepted to attend there. The acceptance rate of 2011 was very low according to the admissions office.

Posted March 03, 2010
I can't believe how fortunate I am to be able to attend a school like Porter's. I have learned so much from my teachers, and the day-to-day interactions with faculty and students has made me so well-rounded. The all-girls atmosphere has been so great. I have the confidence to voice my own opinion and the gumption to compete against other males. The camaraderie one forms with all the other students is invaluable and it is so exciting thinking about how we will all shape a changing world in some way. Some of our classmates are doing that already, too, right out of Porter's! I have learned priceless skills and knowledge from this school, and I will not soon forget what an impact it has made on me. If you are considering an all-girls boarding or day school, you must see Porter's.

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted December 01, 2009
Miss Porter's School is the number 1 All Girls Boarding School in America. MPS produce leaders. They provide a quality education designed to over prepare their young ladies for their next step in life. ie: AP classes, admission to top tier universities of the students choice and most important, the confidence to excel and impact society. Finally, as a parent, it was difficult to send my child hundreds of miles away to school. When I stepped on campus, I saw a strong confidence and pride in the students. I felt comfortable that I saw security guards actively patrolling campus, who seemed to know all of the girls by name. Oddly enough, the ladies spoke to him first. But when I met the dorm parents and saw how active and supportive they were in each of these girls day to day lives, I was impressed.

Posted July 27, 2009