Glastonbury, CT
Students enrolled: 2,204

Glastonbury High School 4

Posted June 18, 2014
We moved to this neighbourhood last October and it has been a pleasure to see my son settle very fast and make friends. He is a Sophomore and has had a lot of help from the teachers coming from a different school system. The teachers are very thoughtful and treat your child individually. The Glastonbury community is very friendly and very helpful. The guidance and counseling department is very quick to point out areas that need support in a very supportive and interactive manner. We are very happy to be in this school.

Posted June 18, 2012
I graduated from GHS in 2008 after transferring from a nearby district. By far, GHS is the best high school in the area. The teachers and administrators are excellent and truly want every student to succeed. There are tons of challenging and interesting courses, AP and otherwise. There are too many clubs and sports to count, so there is always a great way for students to be involved. No other school prepares students for the real world as well as GHS does. My friends who went to other high schools were simply lost compared to myself and friends at GHS. Anyone who has negative feelings about GHS simply failed to realize and take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that they were given.

Posted January 28, 2012
I am a 2009 graduate of Glastonbury High School and my sister is currently a senior attending Glastonbury High School. After going to college, I appreciate the education I received there. Compared to many of my peers at college, I was very well educated there. As for the complaints about special education students, I must disagree. My sister has a lot of learning disabilities and has received a huge amount of support from teachers and her guidance counselors. GHS is a school where students are pushed to achieve their best potential. Many go on to Ivy Leauge schools. There is a 98% graduation rate, which is pretty amazing. And 97% continue on to college, which is also amazing. I grew up in Glastonbury and it was one of the best places to have lived and spent my childhood. I would recommend this school to anyone living in Connecticut or New England for that matter. I do not plan on staying in Glastonbury forever but it was still one of the best educations I could have ever received.

Posted November 14, 2011
I firmly believe that GHS offers a better education than some private schools in the area. Although I was only in the top 25 percent of my class, in college, I am one of the top students in my grade of 4,000 students. I feel more prepared and I am more successful than my private school-educated peers.

Posted March 24, 2010

Glastonbury High School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
My high school junior has a chromosome deletion and syndrome. She is also very smart. She cannot write, due to her deletion. Some professionals at GHS have tried to understand and teach her in average classes. She usually gets A's in those. Other professionals could care less,they organized their way of teaching, with preprinted answer sheets to be done in class with a group, that is socially and emotionally detrimental to a teen like mine.

Posted May 05, 2009

Glastonbury High School 2

Posted September 25, 2008
Too big, fine if you like being just another number, there is plenty of time in life to be just a number, we moved to Bolton and it was honestly the best decision we ever made, after 15 years in Glasontury its nice to live in the real word again!!

Posted August 07, 2008

Glastonbury High School 2

Posted January 16, 2008

Glastonbury High School
330 Hubbard St, Glastonbury, CT  06033
Last modified Glastonbury High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glastonbury High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top