Glastonbury, CT
Students enrolled: 2,204

Posted June 18, 2014
We moved to this neighbourhood last October and it has been a pleasure to see my son settle very fast and make friends. He is a Sophomore and has had a lot of help from the teachers coming from a different school system. The teachers are very thoughtful and treat your child individually. The Glastonbury community is very friendly and very helpful. The guidance and counseling department is very quick to point out areas that need support in a very supportive and interactive manner. We are very happy to be in this school.

Posted June 18, 2012
I graduated from GHS in 2008 after transferring from a nearby district. By far, GHS is the best high school in the area. The teachers and administrators are excellent and truly want every student to succeed. There are tons of challenging and interesting courses, AP and otherwise. There are too many clubs and sports to count, so there is always a great way for students to be involved. No other school prepares students for the real world as well as GHS does. My friends who went to other high schools were simply lost compared to myself and friends at GHS. Anyone who has negative feelings about GHS simply failed to realize and take advantage of the wonderful opportunity that they were given.

Posted January 28, 2012
I am a 2009 graduate of Glastonbury High School and my sister is currently a senior attending Glastonbury High School. After going to college, I appreciate the education I received there. Compared to many of my peers at college, I was very well educated there. As for the complaints about special education students, I must disagree. My sister has a lot of learning disabilities and has received a huge amount of support from teachers and her guidance counselors. GHS is a school where students are pushed to achieve their best potential. Many go on to Ivy Leauge schools. There is a 98% graduation rate, which is pretty amazing. And 97% continue on to college, which is also amazing. I grew up in Glastonbury and it was one of the best places to have lived and spent my childhood. I would recommend this school to anyone living in Connecticut or New England for that matter. I do not plan on staying in Glastonbury forever but it was still one of the best educations I could have ever received.

Posted November 14, 2011
I firmly believe that GHS offers a better education than some private schools in the area. Although I was only in the top 25 percent of my class, in college, I am one of the top students in my grade of 4,000 students. I feel more prepared and I am more successful than my private school-educated peers.

Glastonbury High School

Posted March 24, 2010
My high school junior has a chromosome deletion and syndrome. She is also very smart. She cannot write, due to her deletion. Some professionals at GHS have tried to understand and teach her in average classes. She usually gets A's in those. Other professionals could care less,they organized their way of teaching, with preprinted answer sheets to be done in class with a group, that is socially and emotionally detrimental to a teen like mine.

Glastonbury High School 2

Posted September 25, 2008
Too big, fine if you like being just another number, there is plenty of time in life to be just a number, we moved to Bolton and it was honestly the best decision we ever made, after 15 years in Glasontury its nice to live in the real word again!!

Posted January 03, 2008
First of all, I'd like to say that I am a graduate from the class of 2006 at GHS, and am very proud of it. The teachers were excellent, and opportunities were given to students of all academic abilities; whether or not students took advantage of these opportunities was completely their choice.

Posted October 23, 2007
This is a great school where students could achieve and be successful when they are adults. However the students are not disciplined enough. They goof off and fool around and it is hurtful to others.

Glastonbury High School 2

Posted June 21, 2007
I was not at all satisfied with having my child go to this school. There are few extracurriculars, many classes and teachers fall on low standards, the students are undisciplined and act in an innappropriate manner. Students are not encouraged by the staff to do their best, there are so many students that one just glides along. Most parents do not seem to care about what their kids are doing and take no involvement.

Posted February 24, 2007
Most definitely a college prep environment. If you have a child that is not academically oriented, problems arise. Overall, it is an exceptional learning institution if your child can stay away from all the bad influences that they are bombarded with daily. The educators are strict with the students and sometimes unyielding in their discipline, especially with children that are independent thinkers. My daughter needed a more relaxed and nurturing environment so I pulled her out of the school.

Glastonbury High School
330 Hubbard St, Glastonbury, CT  06033
Last modified Glastonbury High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glastonbury High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top