Posted September 22, 2014
We have two children enrolled in GC and couldn't be more pleased with our decision to enroll our children. Mrs. Kopas is an outstanding leader and educator. The teachers are concerned and dedicated and we feel that our children are very fortunate to have the GCS experience.

Greenwich Catholic School 3

Posted August 28, 2014
I went to this school for a couple years and could not have had a worse experience. In the middle school, the students were very conceded, rude, mean-spirited, fake and pretentious; pretending to be victims of bullying when really they were the ones causing the problems. Basically if you did not start GCS with them then you were considered an outsider, unless you followed they're actions. Indivuality and creativity was frowned upon by the students and teachers, despite what other reviewers might have said. Minorities are disproportionatelty represented in this school. On a positive note, there were four teachers that were very inspiring and helped me through my middle school years. However, some other teachers were more concerned with being friends with the students and kissing up to the parents rather than teaching. They seemed to be equally as fake as the students. Overrall, I advise parents to think very carefully before you send your kids to this school.

Posted January 19, 2013
We are a second generation GCS family with over 26 years of experience with the school. Since 2009 our new Principal, Mrs. Patrice Kopas, has brought outstanding leadership to the staff and to a renewed faculty body. We can afford the most expensive schools in the area, but have found that GCS provides the same quality education in a more well rounded environment. The religious aspect is present but not stiffling, children do attend mass together and learn catholic prayers, but they are mostly taught the importance of being kind and having faith. While children learn how to be respectful of others, they are also encouraged to express their individuality. Parents take a very active role within the school, there is a true sense of inclusion and community. The campus is unparallel and there is currently a millionaire initiative to upgrade buildings and facilities (which are already well maintained). The excellent Blue Ribbon academic experience stars with the Little Angels and Pre-K programs, which are outstanding. Don't be discouraged by the wait lists!.

Posted January 14, 2013
GCS is an amazing place that educates the whole child. There is a loving nurturing atmosphere that pervades the whole school. Teachers really care about your children and go the extra mile. Christian values and morals are an integral part of the school and children are encouraged to become the best person they can be and treat each other with respect. We have been at the school for 11 years and absolutely love it. The curriculum is rigorous and challenging. My oldest child graduated last year and was not only accepted in to all his first choice schools- he was also placed in honors sophomore level courses and the school he chose. I can not say enough good things about GCS and the quality of the teachers, students and the parent body.

Greenwich Catholic School 2

Posted January 04, 2013
GCS is mediocre school. Curriculum is out dated and lacks interest. Teachers teach the mediocre curriculum. There is a lot of bullying that goes on at the school. Make sure that you attend a sporting event so that you can see how the coaches treat the kids.

Greenwich Catholic School 3

Posted August 15, 2012
GCS is an average school for an average child. Nothing more, nothing less. It is definitely not worth the tuition if you are in a good public school district. Do not waste your money. They do not educate a child to think outside the box or encourage a child to be creative and individualistic. The lower classes are overcrowded with very little resources. Some involved parents and nice kids but they can not change the stagnant mediocre curriculum.

Posted April 27, 2011
GCS is wonderful. The faith, values, and academic rigor create an environemnt of enrichment and the love of learning. My children are thriving and the middle school has far exceeded my expectation. The faculty is caring and supportive. The integrated approach is outstanding. The daily team meetings across grades, mean all teachers know your child. We love this school and we are thankful for what it has taught our children and us.

Posted March 26, 2011
BEST SCHOOL. Its a triple play for values: Family School & Church. My son graduated a few years ago (started in K) and my daughter has attended since Pre-K. I cannot speak highly enough of the school and the staff & teachers. If I could rank double stars I would. There is no comparison in morals & values between GCS & public schools...something you CANNOT get at a private school either. Fantastic school, I would recommend it to every caring, involved parent out there.

Posted August 16, 2010
We love this school. Both my children are thriving. The staff and administration truly care about and know the students. It is a wonderful school community.

Greenwich Catholic School 1

Posted February 20, 2010
We took our child out of this school. It was a negative experience. We know several parents who did the same. Yelling is wrong. Period.

Greenwich Catholic School
471 North Street, Greenwich, CT  06830
Last modified Greenwich Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Greenwich Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top