Greenwich, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted October 12, 2014
In moving to the NYC area and needing a top notch IB rated school, this school was by far the best in the Tr-state area. We were surprised to find a limited number of options of internationally ranked schools in NY area, and concerned about keeping our kids on par with the IB system. Whitby not only is a school our kids are thriving in, it is a school in which we feel part of a wonderful community as parents. One can't compare it to other top Greenwich or NYC schools. In our view, it is in a category of its own. Progressive, setting up our kids to compete internationally, which the world is more becoming. Our kids are learning how to think for themselves and develop strong study behaviors. Things we either never learned or only encountered too late in our own generation. If you are a parent that wants the best for your children, this is the school of the future!

Posted September 23, 2014
Whitby has proven to be everything its claims to be. Our daughter goes to school with a smile and eager to get into her classroom to start the day with a new challenge or material. Teachers guide and facilitate providing the earliest opportunities for her to own her learning and each day she comes home with something she has completed. The teachers are the most friendly, nurturing and caring people I've yet to meet in education and the principal without fail is there everyday to meet and greet parents and students - he truly gets the human touch and connection. He is visible and leads this school from the very front. Whitby I believe is almost a fully enrolled school at all grade levels and I am glad my wife and I sought out this school when we did. At the end of the day she comes home with a smile about what's she achieved during the day and the stories attached to them. One of greatest things a parent can hope for is their child being happy going, during and at the end of school and each day she is.

Posted September 22, 2014
Whitby School has been exceptional for my daughter. The student teacher ratio is great. The teachers really understand my daughter's educational journey.

Posted September 17, 2014
I have two young boys (4 and 3) at Whitby. They love going to school and they are engaged in their learning. At the time of enrolling our boys in Whitby, my husband and I toured every local pre-school. The academics at Whitby are simply incomparable - many 3 yr olds can read and write, 4 yr olds are doing 1st grade math, all children receive instruction in Spanish. The beauty of Whitby is that a child's age will not hold them back. The teachers meet them where they are and keep them learning. Gifted children do not suffer the boredom they might face at other schools. Most importantly - children at Whitby learn how to navigate a world of varied sizes and abilities. Through the mixed age classrooms, older children learn patience when aiding their younger peers. Younger children learn how to emulate the good behavior of their older peers. And essentially - they all learn through these experiences that the world is a diverse place where differences ought to be respected.

Posted September 15, 2014
Whitby has been an amazing experience for my family. Not only does my daughter love going to school every day but my husband and I have met so many wonderful parents. We truly feel part of a community and are amazed by the teachers and their commitment to their students. We love the idea that they inspire the students to have a love for learning and empower them to learn and grow in so many different ways. Bravo Whitby!

Posted September 10, 2014
Quite simply, Whitby lives its mission. It inspires a passion for learning in each child through quality teaching and learning within the International Baccalaureate and Montessori programs. Whitby prepared our daughter for the High School of her choice and my other two children are cared for and challenged by thoughtful and reflective teachers in Whitby's Lower and Upper School. This really is a learning community and we as parents are invited to be active in the school and in our children's learning. My wife and I highly recommend Whitby to any parent either already in this area or relocating to this area.

Posted September 08, 2014
Whitby has been so good to our daughters. It is the perfect combination of academics, athletics and art. A diverse student and teacher body adds an international perspective to the education which is hard to find around this area. The IB offered at Whitby may seem hard to understand at the beginning but it creates well rounded students capable to tackle any high school.

Whitby School 4

Posted September 08, 2014
Whitby School prepares student to excel and go beyond learning in the classroom. The school embodies a close knit community with strong leadership and direction.

Posted September 08, 2014
I've been a parent at Whitby for 9 years and have 3 boys (age 3, grade 4 and 6). Whitby is at the cutting edge of technology, with a 1-1 laptop program starting grade 1, smart boards and white boards in all classrooms and a fabulous new design tech lab opened last year. My third grader was really excited to use one of the 3-day printers last year. My 6th grader started coding last year and is looking forward to bridge design this year. The Math Dept. is phenomenal, huge amount of differentiation given, there is no glass ceiling to learning, early intro. to Algebra. Whitby has really strengthened their Athletics program over the past 4 years, which as a mom of sporty boys is really important. A new Athletics facility will be ready for the 2014-15 school year. The Arts Program is impressive and last year's Upper School performance of Romeo and Juliet was outstanding. The community is very warm and welcoming and there is a very active Parents Association. Whitby students are out the box thinkers, confident, compassionate, life long learners. I am proud to be a Whitby parent and feel blessed to be able to afford my children such a wonderful educational experience.

Whitby School 1

Posted September 06, 2014
This school is horrible the principle has no leadership and is disrespectful to students and parents. The transition from Montessori to an IB school does not work at all. Any other school in the area will be a better place for your child.

Whitby School