PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 27, 2013
Focus on character building makes GCDS unique among area schools. I am a parent of GCDS students, but I am also an alum. Of the 4 schools I've attended in my life (all private), looking back I can honestly say that I learned the most at GCDS (even when compared to the highly competitive college I attended). My kids are not perfect students, but the school recognized very early on where they needed extra help and provided it--now they are right in there with the rest of the class. For me, the biggest life skills I took away from GCDS were writing, study habits, and critical/independent thinking--I can see my young kids are acquiring those skills already. Parents (mostly moms of course) are VERY involved in this school--sometimes makes it hard for working parents to keep up, but they do accommodate busy schedules. Sometimes I wish they would go through 12th grade, but they do such a great job preparing kids for high school and beyond... why mess with a great formula! Only downside is it's incredibly expensive (comparable I'm sure to GA and Brunswick) and tuition increases have been rising steadily every year, making it very hard for non-millionaires to keep their kids there.

Posted October 11, 2013
Just a top class school with far superior administration and a dedicated teaching staff. Once you're there, you're family.

Posted February 17, 2013
We love this school. Adam Rhodie, our headmaster, is better at doing this job than anyone I've ever seen. He's a fantastic leader, loved by parents and students alike, and he sets the tone for an upbeat, safe, and productive learning environment. What GCDS does really well, that we have found other private schools struggle, is work with a variety of students and they all have a great experience, academically and socially. We have several children at the school and they could not be more different from each other, yet everyone is thriving. GCDS has a warm family environment, but this is a top notch education with a focus on leadership in the classroom and on the field.

Posted October 25, 2011
Greenwich Country Day School is the nicest private school in the country. The faculty are very dedicated and warm and our daughter loves going to school. We have found the academics to be superb. The facility is beautiful and the school sits proudly on 80 acres in Greenwich. The sports program is very good. What we found most surprising was how incredibly nice and caring the families are. We wake up every day and feel so lucky to be part of the GCDS family. The prior comment on average academics is not true. Adam Rhodie, the principal, is an outstanding person.

Greenwich Country Day School 3

Posted October 15, 2011
Terrifc leadership, good facilities, and very warm environment. Average academics, certainly not challenging but adequate for the average child.

Posted June 25, 2010
A dynamite school with terrific faculty and a network of friends that stays together fro decades after graduation. The kids I went to school with have gone on to become incredibly successful in whatever endeavor they pursued. Some of the best years of my life.

Posted March 14, 2009
Best school ever. The teachers simplify everything into kid-friendly terms. The feeling when you walk into the upper, middle, or lower school, you know you will have a good day.

Greenwich Country Day School
401 Old Church Rd, Greenwich, CT  06830
Last modified Greenwich Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9