Greenwich, CT

Posted October 05, 2014
The school has delivered on what it proposes- superior academics in a values-focused environment. Would recommend this school to any academically-driven child with a good heart.

Posted October 05, 2014
We've been at the school for over 4 years now, and my children and I couldn't be happier (ok- we'll be even happier when the school expands physically!) But truly a special place.

Posted September 25, 2014
Stanwich has heart! I have two children in Stanwich, one in IH and the other in JH. They both are thriving and loving the school. The quality of teaching is truly above par. Having the whole school on campus has been a remarkable transition to a school that is warm and caring. We chose Stanwich for it's values that it teaches to our children. A true asset to the schooling system in Greenwich.

Posted August 30, 2014
My son's teacher yelled and screamed her students all the time. It was such a traumatic experience for him. Also school thinks more about their business than their students. Lots of FAKE at the school.

Posted August 26, 2014
Our son has thrived at Stanwich for five years and can't wait for school to start next week. The academics are rigorous, which is why we selected Stanwich over all other private schools in Fairfield County (yes, we looked at ALL). We had high hopes for our neighborhood public school but transferred our son out after a disappointing few years. Stanwich teachers are excellent, always going above and beyond to help our academically-gifted son reach higher levels. And where he needed a boost, the teachers identified it, strategized with us and our son, and gave him the skills to address it. Stanwich is a perfect fit for our son in terms of academics, athletics, arts, social life and overall school environment.

Posted August 10, 2014
Really disappointing school. Doesn't follow its own values of the Stanwich Seven. Academics are a joke because the teachers don't teach and no one is leading the school. This is just a place for kids whose parents want them to be in a private school in Greenwich. The cost is definitely not worth it. Look elsewhere.

Posted December 04, 2013
Stanwich is the hidden gem of Greenwich. As a current parent, I am absolutely convinced that this school will be widely regarded as the standard of excellence in the region within the next decade. This is a school with heart and spirit and has a terrific staff that will test the limits of your child while addressing individual needs. My husband and I can't believe the dramatic strides our son has made in a short period of time and can honestly say that we found a great home for him. I can't fully express our joy to see his excitement in going to school every morning. I wouldn't consider anywhere else for our younger children.

Posted December 03, 2013
I am thrilled with Stanwich. We moved from the UK with a 5 and 7 year old and this is the only school that was able to offer a comparable challenging education at this stage. Both children are thriving and being stretched. They have small classes and teachers that really seem to care and get to know this kids (admittedly not so hard in such small classes). The buildings aren't particularly pretty but the setting is stunning and there is lots of space to run around. My son thinks the biggest selling feature is the field trips.. that is nice but at the cost of US education I want learning and Stanwich has achieved that! we really couldn't be happier. And I have never written a school review before. As you can probably tell!

Posted October 13, 2013
Come on. The only school from Greenwich recognized by JHU? Riiiight. Only high school in Greenwich with *secondary school placement* advisor. Enough said.

Posted September 18, 2013
Our child switched from another school mid elementary. The math skills were very low, and we were concerned it was going to be a difficult climb. 3 years later with the steadfast devotion, commitment and teaching skills of the Stanwich teaching staff, we now have a child who is not only excelling in math, but was top of the math class last year and enjoyed an online course with Johns Hopkins this summer! At the end of the last school year I contacted the teacher from the Intermediate House, to let them know how grateful we were to have the opportunity for an outstanding education in Fairfield County. It is a wonderful institution that is committed to not only the student but the entire family. Highly recommend.

The Stanwich School