Greenwich, CT

Posted June 22, 2014
My child was in Ms. Elmlinger's class, and we could not have been happier with her teaching. She had a warmth and love with the children. We have taken advantage of the Suzuki violin program, which has been great. My child is an advanced reader, and I was particularly impressed that the Principal, Ms. Womack, meets with every teacher monthly to talk about EACH child, and when discussing the unique needs of my child - decided to put her in an advanced reading group with a few other first graders.

Posted March 17, 2014
The Renaissance School at Hamilton Avenue has been such an amazing school to both my children. The building is top of the line and the educators are gifted and caring. Both my children are eager learners thanks to how motivated the teachers keep our children. Both of our children began playing their violin and cello at age 3 in the preschool program at the school and now they are in 4th and 5th grades. They play so naturally and beautifully. Now that one of my kids is moving on to Western Middle school we are highly enthusiastic about this next step. Their International Baccalaureate program is amazing and those magnet seats are going to fill up quickly. We are happy we live in the zoned area. We highly recommend Hamilton Avenue School to any parent looking for a quality education for their children.

Posted April 17, 2013
Continuation from my other response ("Wow, I don't think another student has commented!") The school is very diverse, which I like because I got to experience a lot of different culture. However, me and also my 2 other sisters could not connect to the students there. We had 2 or 3 friends (from the advanced learning program (ALP)) but we couldn't connect to all the other kids. And when we went to Middle School, all three of us were no longer friends with our 2 or 3 friends any more... we got into arguments and we no longer talk to each much (well, actually, I am still friends with one of them). It seems as though this is the case with also lots of other students too... kids from Ham Ave no longer were together and they mostly became friends with the Parkway, Glenville and New Lebanon kids. I don't know why, but that's just one thing I noticed. I'm not saying the kids at Ham Ave are "bad" (no student is "bad") but I just wonder why, for example, the Glenville students all remained friends throughout middle school and high school but not the Ham Ave kids. Anyways, the staff at Ham Ave are great, the teachers are too, and overall, it is a great school!

Posted September 11, 2012
My son is in Kindergarten here...his teacher is very inspiring and loving. He LOVES coming to school each day...he is being challenged by the more advanced reading program he was placed in, loves the extensive music program and is having FUN! I am highly impressed by Ham Ave so far. We came here through the lottery process because we thought it was important, in Greenwich, to teach our child about diversity. I feel it is a nice and very equal blend of cultures and the school makes a great effort to break classes down into smaller groups so that all children get appropriate levels of learning and are challenged. The main office staff and overall school activities/functions could use some more organization but otherwise a great school!

Posted June 02, 2012
I love HAS. I have two children there now, and I have nothing but positive things to say. The teaching staff is stellar... All care about the children very much, and work hard to bring quality programming. There is great opportunity for me to get as involved as I'd like to be, and the teachers can be reached in a variety of ways (meeting, phone, email). I definitely feel connected to what is happening in their classrooms. Overall, great school, excellent teachers, quality education (regardless of what the CMT's come back looking like... That is not how this school can be fairly judged).

Posted October 12, 2011
HAS is an amazing school, the teachers at this school should be rewarded day after day for all their dedication and passion. I have nothing but great things to say about this school.

Posted August 24, 2011
Ham Ave is a wonderful school with a strong academic program, an amazing music and art program, great diversity, good teachers and strong parental involvement. It is a great school.

Posted August 26, 2010
Our son is the pre-K progam as a special needs kid (he's on the autism spectrum). Everyone at the school has fallen over themselves to avail him to all of the services the district has to offer. His teacher, and the assistants, are amazing and caring educators. This is a great school.

Posted October 06, 2009

Posted August 15, 2009
this school offers a safe caring environment for children who come from an area rich in cultural diversity with a view of the real world.

Hamilton Avenue School
184 Hamilton Ave, Greenwich, CT  06830
Last modified Hamilton Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top