Bad
Good

I have two boys that now attend Griswold schools. The school is great for first grade and under and are very attentive to the children's educational needs. However, after the first grade, it seems that a good amount of the teachers have lost sight of their job responsibilities. I have had problems with the way children have been overlooked and dissmissed because of their ADHD diagnosis. I have tried many approaches with this school in attempt to promote a better learning atmosphere for my children to no avail. Luckly this year, my youngest has a great teacher who is willing to advocate for him but I cannot say the same for my older son. There are some great teachers here but that doesn't make up for the general morale, harsh and unconcerned attitude for the remainder of the school principal included. Two years ago at another school both boys were straight A's and one in a gifted program. Now they both have straight C's. They will not be attending this school next year.

I have 2 children and am amazed at the parents and how they think this school system is amazing. I am an intellegent person who is very involved in my kids school and activities. I know that they push kids through to the next grade because it has happened to my son the past 2 years, even though I requested he stay back. I have requested extra help from each of my childrens teachers becasue they are having difficulties only to be told that they don't stay after and there isn't any tutoring available. More than 1/2 the kids that graduated in 2007 have babies , the drop out rate is one of the highest in the state and the elementary school teachers won't help the kids that need it. I will be looking into sending them to a different school next year.

My son has trouble with letters and reading and seeing as how he is only in kindergarten I knew he needed the help now in order to succeed in school, his wonderful teacher made sure he received the help he needed and now he is getting better every day! I couldn't be more proud!

Last modified Griswold Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.