Griswold, CT

Griswold High School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I currently attend GHS as a junior. I chose to come here, being from a neighboring town, and I think I made the best choice! We're not the best school in the state by any means academically, but you won't find a nicer bunch of people. The teachers are great, the students are friendly, and I have never felt uncomfortable or out of place. It feels like family. There are plenty of opportunities both in academics and activities, but you will have to search for them a bit. We have a bunch of different art and tech classes in a variety of disciplines (everything from CAD to sewing to chorus), and I've found all my academic classes engaging. You can also take classes with VHS. There aren't a lot of clubs, but you are likely to find something you like if you search. The one thing I don't really like is that all the clubs meet at the same time, during school on Fridays, and so it is difficult to join more than one. The school spirit here is almost palpable, especially around homecoming and the massive spring musical. My advice to those looking at GHS: -Actually read the Program of Studies. If you don't, you will miss out on a lot. -Just give us a try! We don't bite too much, promise.

Griswold High School 0

Posted February 09, 2010
My daughter has been in Griswold since Kindergarten and the expectations of Griswold are high and this is a great assest to your education. Education in life is important and this is where it all begins. Reach for a goal and then maybe your expectations in education and life may change. Best of luck.

Griswold High School 1

Posted January 04, 2010
I've moved around a lot and have been to many other schools before. I am disastified by the academic expectations and limited courses at this school.

Griswold High School 4

Posted March 12, 2009

Griswold High School 3

Posted April 21, 2007

Griswold High School 5

Posted February 11, 2007
I'm no parent. I'm a student. And I am telling you all right now. Griswold, whither we have lower test scores then other schools, we really do have great facilities and dedicated teachers there for us. My grades greatly improve each year because the dedication from the teachers are getting higher and higher. And this is coming from a junior in Griswold. Its a great experience, lots of outside fun things to do like sports, music, art, cooking, sewing, etc. We have a great music department, awesome teachers, cafeteria staff, guidance counselors, principles. And homecoming is the one event you can see, that with Griswold's students general discipline, we pull of a great event! I give Griswold 5 stars any day. Because you are treated like you are at home, like a family. At least in my eyes.

Griswold High School
267 Slater Ave, Griswold, CT  06351
Last modified Griswold High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griswold High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top