Posted September 03, 2014
I never did send my child to this school. When I went to check out the school i witnessed the principal responding very rudely to an elderly teachers request to speak to him after school. We teach our son to respect everyone, and I would expect the principal and teachers in a spiritually based school to reflect this respect. My son is now in his third year of public school, and I am very pleased with it. I am only sorry I couldn't put him in a Catholic school that would have reinforced that respect.

Posted November 19, 2013
I think Sacred Heart is a very positive place where there is a strong focus on continuing to work year after year to improve the school. Our children have been in the school for several years and they have certainly developed intellectually over the years as we would have hoped and expected. The school also benefits from a strong commitment from many parents to enrich the environment.

Sacred Heart School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
They let a few of the parents of the fifth grade ( of 2012-2013 year ) become teachers with NO " Teaching " Experience !!! We used to LOVE the school but in the last two years the quality has gone way down !!! Pulled my kids .

Posted March 01, 2012
We absolutely LOVE Sacred Heart. When we moved here from California my daughter was use to full day pre-school and they were the only school in the area to offer it. She is now in the first grade and her education is far superior to that of her friends in public school. She is reading level 3 books and writing full journals. She can speak in Spanish and French. They made us feel very welcome and have been very loving and nurturing to our daughter over the last 2 years. We have been so happy with Sacred Heart we are sending our son who will be turning 4 in May to pre-school there in the fall.

Posted March 26, 2011
I went to this school from 5th to 7th grade. The school convinced my parents they were far ahead of local public schools so they held me back. When I transfered from this school back into public school I was so far behind I was held back again! I'm so glad Brewster Middle/Lejeune High in NC noticed the problem and allowed me to pass through and graduate on time based on my age or else I wouldn't have graduated until I was 20! I am still amazed at the very low quality of this school, years later. You would assume that with so many parents being as wealthy as they are, they would care more about their children's education. Most struggle at a depressing level once they reach high school.

Posted December 28, 2009
Honestly, Sacred Heart is the best education offered in the area. I went to Sacred Heart from grades K-8 and loved it. When I transferred to the public high school, I found that Sacred Heart prepared me so well that I was ahead in many of my subjects. The middle school math and english areas are phenomenal and I heard they just received a brand new science lab. Overall, Sacred Heart offers a high quality education.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted September 08, 2009
I use the website to research schools all the time because we are in the Navy and move a lot. I was very worried about this school after reading the old negative comments on this website, but my children are doing great in this school. They were previously in public and this school is higher education and they can pray in school! There is not enough space here to write how much our family loves Sacred Heart! Visit the school for yourself before making a decision based on these reviews.

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted May 31, 2009
Not worth it in terms of time or quality of teaching. Very over-rated.

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted March 22, 2008
my child went to sacred heart for 3rd and half of 4th(she went k-2 at st marys in new london), until we moved out of state.i put her in public school when we moved south,and i realized how much education she hadnt received at sacred heart.a waste of over $3000...now in public, shes on the honor roll!

Sacred Heart School