Groton, CT

Posted June 23, 2015
I couldn't DISAGREE more with the previous comment. My family and I couldn't be anymore grateful to the staff and administration than we already are. I have two children who are in separate grades and we had an incredible school year. My son had such a positive and impactful year in the 4th grade and both he and my younger child couldn't say enough wonderful things about their teachers. From our experience, this year only further helps us to understand how much the teachers and staff at this school genuinely CARE about these kids and as a parent, it makes me feel proud to have our children be apart of Mary Morrisson. Both Principals have always been more than helpful to my family and their staff truly go above and beyond to help the students. I HIGHLY recommend this school to any family who is new to the area!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 23, 2015
As I mentioned in my previous comments, my son's teacher left a lasting impression that we will forever be grateful for. BOTH of my children couldn't speak any higher of their teachers.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 23, 2015
I would've liked to see homework given more often. We would only have math homework 3 nights a week

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
My kids enjoyed coming to school. My son was always challenged and was motivated to succeed throughout the year. His teacher always presented new and intriguing challenges

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
The teachers at this school truly go above and beyond to help their students. My son's teacher made a lasting impression on my child and I couldn't be anymore grateful as a parent. My younger child shared so many wonderful memories of their teacher as well throughout the school year. The staff truly care about their students.

Mary Morrisson School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
Poor order, the staff rarely seems to have it together. The parent-staff relations are below grade satisfactory. Unclear on policies, the principal and assistant principal I have heard on numerous occasions, yelling at teachers, and students. Dressed inappropriately. Rarely a smile. Overcharged cafeteria food. My kindergartner has been bullied and cursed out numerous times. We will not be attending public school next year with this experience. The teachers are mistreated in open sight. It just looks the head staff are just trying to play "school" with no idea how to run one.

Posted April 24, 2013
I completely agree with the previous post! My children are genuinely excited to go to school and I think it has a great deal to do with these teachers. I'm so proud of their growth and I couldn't be happier with the environment that this staff is providing for our family. Thank you to the principal and these energetic and highly dedicated teachers!

Posted March 25, 2013
Both my daughter (2nd grade) and son (3rd grade) are attending MM and I have to say that I'm grateful for the education that they've received. The teachers at this school are highly dedicated and my child truly looks forward to going to school each and every day. Both of my kids have grown both academically and socially and I have the staff and the wonderful principal to thank.

Mary Morrisson School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
This is our second year at MM and I like all the improvements I'm seeing. Our first year did not go as well as I had expected but the Principal personally worked with me and made sure all my concerns were addressed. Our second year at MM is going much better. My daughter is improving and blossoming into a child who looks forward to going to school every day. I like the team approach at the school and it's working for us. Thank you MM!!

Posted October 26, 2012
My son goes to MM and I have to say that I'm absolutely thrilled with the direction that the principal and the staff are taking the school and my child's education. The principal seems to bringing in a wealth of new teachers to add to many of the already established educators and I feel as if it's creating a great blend. I've heard so many positive things about the new teachers over the past few years and I feel as if the school is truly on the rise. Very proud to be apart of the MM community!

154 Toll Gate St, Groton, CT  06340
Last modified Mary Morrisson School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Morrisson School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top