Cedarhurst School 2

Posted September 09, 2014
My son was at Cedarhurst for 1 year and although the small classrooms did relieve the pressure of the public high school, I believe that the student is not first and foremost at the heart of the school's interest. When he suffered from Lyme and required home tutoring, they basically closed their doors to him and used his illness against his best interests. Our sponsoring district was appalled at the treatment of one of their children. I would not recommend this school under any circumstance.

Posted September 18, 2013
if your thinking about letting your child attend this school here's some tips: All classes are middle school level, Therefore if your child is in a high school level, they WILL not be learning anything high school level. Projects are easy & homework isn't high school level My kid only got homework once to twice a week & she only learned pre algebra if your planning to let your kid attend this school for some space from their high school district don't let them stay for years & graduate at this school because most children go to this school for subtance abuse and bullying issues, which if your kid ends up being bullied it will do mental issues on your kid. There's no locks on bathroom doors which i can understand for safety reasons however my daughter has been walked in on by boys who attended the school without knocking at all. The kids are very bad, when my child attended she was bullied to the extreme and would come home with tears because someone would threaten to bomb the school & threaten to hurt my daughter. None of the social workers are any help to any student. Seriously,think twice about letting your child even attend this school

Cedarhurst School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
My son attends this school and i am very happy with it. He likes attending there and has for 2 years. The staff is great and does let you know what is going on when necessary.

Posted October 31, 2009
i am to this school now. i wouldnt say i hate it. it does help me and im doing really good here. its better than my public school and the staff there help me alot

Cedarhurst School 2

Posted November 11, 2008
The Teachers never call parents when their is a problem and I don't think the children is learning much

Posted October 04, 2008
I currently am going to this school. I would say that it's so so. I don't love it and I don't hate it. I go to this school because I have a few problems in public school because of past issues with children. I do not have serious mental health issues but I needed a break from public school and I needed to prepare myself for the future. The staff is great. They have a great French and Spanish and art teacher. They have other unique outlets there. There are some kids that are hard to be around because what people need to take in is that there are some people there with issues. But overall it's a nice school. If you have a straight A student who loves working, then i wouldnt reccomend this school because they focus on making you comfortable.

Posted March 03, 2008
I have been to 3 high schools in my lifetime, and while I learned the least at Cedarhurst, it is not so much that it speaks badly of Cedarhurst, so much as well of the other two schools. One of the other schools I attended simultaneously to my studies at Cedarhurst, The other school provided a higher academic requirement and was less flexible, so in order to pass both, I had to manipulate the faculty at Cedarhurst, which proved easier than it should have been, Their staff was supporting, and a few of the instructors not only knew what they were doing, but knew how to keep it interesting. While other teachers taught all of their classes as independent study halls, and were glad that most of their students made it to class with some regularity, The academic level of Cedarhurst is average, comparable to public schools, and deficient to many preperatory schools.

Posted January 10, 2008

Cedarhurst School 5

Posted September 04, 2007
Cedarhurst is a great school with a dedicated, unique and talented staff. My son greatly benefited from placement and was supported by the staff and other students in a very positive way that was not available from resources in his home school district. The student body is diverse, unique and precious. Many school districts would be better served if they were more like Cedarhurst.

Posted May 10, 2007
- a former student
I am a former student of this school, and I learned absolutely nothing in my two years at Cedarhurst. I was very disappointed at the lack of knowledge among the staff in regards to their specific subject of instruction. Gym had no level of competition among students at all. It typically consistes fo an hour long van drive to somewhere such as a bowling alley, or health club. The health club was, I admit, a good idea, and very useful. The teachers were supportive, and good at what they do (provide a therapeutic environment). Anything else, they could not do. Overall, if your child has any academic potential prior to going to Cedarhurst, please, leave them in public school. Cedarhust only further alienates them from their peers.

Cedarhurst School