St Rita School 2

Posted March 04, 2015
As a former student of St. Rita's that is now a junior in high school I believe I can provide an accurate account of the school. While I will admit the education provide by St. Rita placed me a year or two (depending on the subject) ahead of most other students while beginning high school the environment does not promote responsibility. St. Rita was far too sheltered if I didn't complete my homework my grades almost never were affected. The teachers each had a select few favourites and those were the students that seemed to have almost a diplomatic immunity. I was bullied by many other students throughout middle school and because of that suffered severe depression. So severe that suicide was a daily thought of mine. None of the staff ever did anything although I complained before I became severely depressed. Over all I would not recommend this school if you would like your child to remain mentally stable if not than it's the perfect school for you and you're kids.

Posted February 27, 2015
St. Rita is an outstanding place to educate your child. Students learn important academic content, but more importantly how to be a good citizen both in and outside of school.

Posted February 27, 2015
Great school! I'm a public school teacher and parent of two children that attend that St. Rita School. The public system is a mess and I know that firsthand. My children have had great teachers and continue to be challenged by the curriculum at St. Rita School.

Posted December 13, 2014
As in many other schools, private or public, the administration seem to be the biggest problem. But, St. Rita had taken it a step further by having a rather aggressive and often unreasonable principal whose primary job is to bully teachers based on principal's personal likes and dislikes.

Posted October 07, 2014
Don't send your children to this school if you expect them to receive a proper education. Don't send your children to this school if you expect them to be nurtured and treated with love and respect. The administration is awful. There are handful of good teachers but overall this school is awful.

Posted August 17, 2014
I'm a parent of two children ages 11( eleven) and 6( six) years old. I have never been more happy and more satisfied with their learning at this great catholic school. For me as a parent it's very important for my children to get a good education, to be loved and respected, and the staff members of ST Rita School do a wonderful job regarding our children's education. I'm very pleased with everything this school offers to my children, and I wish to every parent out there, good luck to your children during this new school year! :)

Posted August 15, 2014
The negative reviews are right on target! I can relate! Thanks for sharing the information!

Posted August 10, 2014
I am a student at St. Rita school it is by far the worst school I have attended. The principal and the teachers don't care unless your rich or your parent donates money or if your parents help out all the time. Don't even think about having friends at this school unless your rich. The quality of education is SO BAD. Say if you go to St. Rita School and your in 5th grade the stuff that your learning would be what a 3rd grader learns in a public school. Also all the books are from around the 1980s. There's posters around the school from the 1970s. They're lockers there that are the size of gym locks so you can't fit all the books in there. Last year there was a BAD music teacher he would call the students names and yell at them that teacher was never fired but he finally quit about 2 years later. At St. rita school if your being bullied the person that's being bullied will get in trouble if there stick up for themselves. If you ever get bullied at this school the one who gives the school more money of something doesn't get in trouble at all or doesn't get in trouble that much or as much as the person getting bullied. I was going to write more but I ran out of characters.

Posted June 03, 2013
I am a twenty-something alum with some perspective to offer any parents who may be considering this school. St. Rita is "the place to be" if your child is Catholic, subordinate, passive, and willing to express him- or herself within the narrow spectrum of ideas and behaviors that the school considers appropriate. Furthermore, I was bullied relentlessly for two of my three middle school years at "the place to be." By graduation, I had been ostracized completely, and my teachers were too focused on sports, end-of-year awards, high school placement, and a perfect graduation to actually focus on the simple well-being of a student. Let me be clear: the school is not accountable for the actions of my peers. The school is accountable for sweeping the entire thing under the rug and dismissing my genuine cries for help as "complaints" and "petty adolescent drama" in order to maintain their "place to be" fa ade. While surviving this environment eventually made me a more resilient and empathetic person (and I no longer resent the school), I wouldn't wish the lack of nurturing and support I received from the St. Rita teachers and administration on any child. It is simply not worth the anguish.

Posted October 18, 2012
I have two children at St. Rita School and I couldn't be more pleased with the academic curriculum, moral/integrity building, parent involvement and teacher responsiveness. My children are not only receiving a solid academic education, but a one with strong Catholic values that we reinforce at home. St. Rita School truly is "the place to be!"

St Rita School