Hamden, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted December 13, 2014
As in many other schools, private or public, the administration seem to be the biggest problem. But, St. Rita had taken it a step further by having a rather aggressive and often unreasonable principal whose primary job is to bully teachers based on principal's personal likes and dislikes.

Posted October 07, 2014
Don't send your children to this school if you expect them to receive a proper education. Don't send your children to this school if you expect them to be nurtured and treated with love and respect. The administration is awful. There are handful of good teachers but overall this school is awful.

Posted August 17, 2014
I'm a parent of two children ages 11( eleven) and 6( six) years old. I have never been more happy and more satisfied with their learning at this great catholic school. For me as a parent it's very important for my children to get a good education, to be loved and respected, and the staff members of ST Rita School do a wonderful job regarding our children's education. I'm very pleased with everything this school offers to my children, and I wish to every parent out there, good luck to your children during this new school year! :)

Posted August 15, 2014
The negative reviews are right on target! I can relate! Thanks for sharing the information!

Posted August 10, 2014
I am a student at St. Rita school it is by far the worst school I have attended. The principal and the teachers don't care unless your rich or your parent donates money or if your parents help out all the time. Don't even think about having friends at this school unless your rich. The quality of education is SO BAD. Say if you go to St. Rita School and your in 5th grade the stuff that your learning would be what a 3rd grader learns in a public school. Also all the books are from around the 1980s. There's posters around the school from the 1970s. They're lockers there that are the size of gym locks so you can't fit all the books in there. Last year there was a BAD music teacher he would call the students names and yell at them that teacher was never fired but he finally quit about 2 years later. At St. rita school if your being bullied the person that's being bullied will get in trouble if there stick up for themselves. If you ever get bullied at this school the one who gives the school more money of something doesn't get in trouble at all or doesn't get in trouble that much or as much as the person getting bullied. I was going to write more but I ran out of characters.

Posted June 03, 2013
I am a twenty-something alum with some perspective to offer any parents who may be considering this school. St. Rita is "the place to be" if your child is Catholic, subordinate, passive, and willing to express him- or herself within the narrow spectrum of ideas and behaviors that the school considers appropriate. Furthermore, I was bullied relentlessly for two of my three middle school years at "the place to be." By graduation, I had been ostracized completely, and my teachers were too focused on sports, end-of-year awards, high school placement, and a perfect graduation to actually focus on the simple well-being of a student. Let me be clear: the school is not accountable for the actions of my peers. The school is accountable for sweeping the entire thing under the rug and dismissing my genuine cries for help as "complaints" and "petty adolescent drama" in order to maintain their "place to be" fa ade. While surviving this environment eventually made me a more resilient and empathetic person (and I no longer resent the school), I wouldn't wish the lack of nurturing and support I received from the St. Rita teachers and administration on any child. It is simply not worth the anguish.

Posted October 18, 2012
I have two children at St. Rita School and I couldn't be more pleased with the academic curriculum, moral/integrity building, parent involvement and teacher responsiveness. My children are not only receiving a solid academic education, but a one with strong Catholic values that we reinforce at home. St. Rita School truly is "the place to be!"

Posted October 17, 2012
We have three children attending the school and could not be more pleased. We are in the process of selecting a high school with our eldest child and are impressed by St. Rita School's reputation. Members of high school admission staff have told us that St. Rita students are well prepared in all subject areas, study skills but most importantly are "good" kids.

Posted October 17, 2012
Have 2 children at SRS so far and I could not be happier. The principal, the teachers and the overall feel of the entire school is excellent. I really enjoy being part of this active and vibrant community!

Posted December 01, 2011
St. Rita School is a wonderful asset to the community of Hamden. The students are friendly, bright and engaging. They have wonderful programs for academics, arts, sports, and community involvement. Most importantly, the character formation of students is grounded in strong values and the love of Christ. I am proud to be associated with this school as a Current Board Member.

St Rita School