Hamden, CT

Posted April 25, 2014
Like most schools, Bear Path provides the resources for any child willing to put forth the effort and for parents who support and a strong learning environment. My daughter is in her 4th year at Bear Path (after having spent two years in two different Catholic schools) and I have nothing but praise for the rich learning opportunities that have been provided to her. The solid leadership of new Principal Scott Trauner is seen both in the enthusiasm of the children and teachers alike. Principal Trauner has addressed any and all concerns that I have brought to his attention. I recognize that schools are "living bodies" that require give and take and I am willing to accpet that there will be many trying experiences throughout the process of educating my child; however, I also recognize quality teaching, professional dedication, and unwavering determination when I see it. As my younger child approaches his first year of kindergarten, I can only hope that he follows in his sister's academic path and has Miss Varcas, Mrs Dimeo and Miss Savraese during his years at Bear Path.

Bear Path School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
Disorganized, poorly run. Teachers are over worked, and the principal is out of his element and inexperienced. Honestly, I had high hopes but now I am extremely disappointed that my child attended this school. Best advise I could give a parent who is sending their child there is BE ON TOP OF THEM! Their faults range from not sending notes home, a lack of communication, and either excessive or lack of discipline. They will try to make it look likes it is not their fault and they are "trying" but after what I experienced they are doing the minimal required. The staff should be better trained to deal with all types of children. The staff is ALWAYS either "sick" or being replaced for one reason or another with a substitute. The school should be more consistent. Some of the office workers are rude to parent, at least in my experience. And this is very much unappreciated by the parent when dealing with stress. Overall I understand every situation is different, and I have heard many great reviews about this school...but I did not experience this. While it was not a horror story, it was NO walk in the park. Sad my child went through this, but happy that they do not any longer.

Posted November 05, 2012
Bear Path is a jewel of a public school. Our school has vary high standards for student conduct and constantly aims to better student academic achievement. We have a strong and active PTA board, with very good family participation. There is no need to pay for private elementary education if you are lucky enough to live in the Bear Path district.

Bear Path School 4

Posted October 02, 2009
Bear Path School is one of the best schools in Hamden. The teachers are friendly and resourceful. All the students are hard working. My kids attend Bear Path and they love it!

Bear Path School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
Bear Path is a culturally diverse school with the most motivated kids around.

Bear Path School 0

Posted January 04, 2008
I would like to congratulate Sally Kammerbeek and the entire staff at Bear Path. My daughter went to Alice Peck which is a small community elementary school. It was closed for lack of enrollment and the children were sent to Bear Path, an older school that had just been remodeled from inside out. I was apprehensive sending a child who had 12 fellow students per classroom to a classroom size of 22. Who would spend one-on-one time with my daughter? Well, we are in our 3rd year at Bear Path and we couldn't be happier. The after (and during) school curriculum, activities and tutoring offered are top of the line. The teachers are devoted, and willing to donate their time for the students. I work full time and am not able to attend many of the meetings and functions but through communications I feel well informed and confident my child gets the best!

Bear Path School 4

Posted October 18, 2007

Posted June 15, 2004
$16 mm renovation completed 2004. Spanking New, state-of-the art flagship school. High-Profile PTA. Principal Sally Kammerbeek receives strong parental support. Spacious, bright new expansion includes townwide Talented and Gifted (TAG) Elementary program, Pre-K, other special programs w/full support staff. Traditional structure - NOT open Classroom. Strong CT Mastery test scores. Excellent instrumental music program(s), frequent concerts in brand new facility, which doubles as Sports Center. Ethnically diverse, both student and faculty. Strong community values and high community support. Adjacent 10+ acre Bear Path Nature Center pending necessary approvals. Reasonably priced real estate in neighborhood/district.

Bear Path School
10 Kirk Rd, Hamden, CT  06514
(203) 407-2015
Last modified Bear Path School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Path School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top