Bad
Good

I had 5 of my children atten this school, the first few years were a little ruff, the principle was not to careing about the students nor the teachers for what i seen. howerver ever since we got the new principle Mr. Lorenzo it has been amazing, i have seen so much care and love towards all, children, staff and parents. The school has gone up to 100% in our eyes. Im very proud to say that Mr. Lorenzo has looked after my children and made them the bst students he can make them as well as the teachers. This school is amazing when it comes down to the teachers, principle, and staff. Some students there need a little more teaching as far as manners but other than that the school is a very well runned! I would recommand this school for all students. I stand behind Mr. Lorenzo 100% till the day he leaves our school system @ Helen Street School!!

Both my kids attended Helen Street K thru 6th grade. They had amazing, caring teachers who nurtured them as much as any parent could expect.

I rate this school excellent.They are always on track.when it come to my kid I know everything in a timely matter

I am disappointed with the experience my children have had at this school. There are some wonderful teachers at this school. Unfortunately, the school is not run as well as it could be; this takes a lot away from Helen Street School.

The school itself, the teachers, and the principal are good. I think Helen St often gets low marks because it is located in a mostly blue collar and bilingual neighbourhood. As such, unfortunately, the students do not tend to do as well on standardized tests. I don't believe this is the fault of the teachers. Parental involvement is key at any school, and that is lacking at this one. My two children attend the school, with my daughter being gifted, and they are doing well. It does not have the facilities of a magnet school, but they are adequate for the needs of the students.

I would like to see stronger leadership skills and stronger focus on safety.

The current principal has been in place for 2 years. She is a very caring, involved administrator who creates an atmosphere of warmth that permeates throughout the school She and the teachers welcomed our tutoring program and tutos with open arms.

Last modified Helen Street School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.