Hamden, CT

Posted June 14, 2013
Ridge Hill School is the best kept secret in Hamden. Class sizes are small, the teachers are dedicated and it has a very friendly atmosphere.

Posted June 07, 2013
Ridge Hill is an awesome school. My son is in Kindergarten and his teacher just got teacher of the year. His gym teacher also has the title of "teacher of the year" from another year. RHS encourages parent involvement so you can see how well the school is run. They have many extracurricular activities, for instance, my son got to make s'mores on an open fire in the school grounds. Field trips are also used for enrichment purposes. They go to places like the Yale Art Gallery to the local farm. I highly recommend Ridge Hill School.

Posted June 07, 2013
Ridge Hill really does Rock. The teachers are excellent and deeply committed to teaching *all* the students in their classes--including those who are ahead of and behind the curve--using a range of creative and experiential ways of learning. The sense of community at the school is invaluable, and it shows every time a student holds open a door (as others have commented!) or stops a younger child to help tie a shoelace. The administration is open to developing new arenas for learning, including the thriving after-school program (Ridge Hill Rocks) and the community garden, as well as many new field trips and activities. It is extremely well equipped (the music program and library in particular are terrific) and has an abundance of resources onsite to support students and families. Finally, Ridge Hill provides a diverse and inclusive environment that mirrors the society in which these children will grow up to be citizens and requires them to get along and work together with others from different cultural and economic backgrounds. That's an experience that can't be replicated in more elite schools. My main wish for the school is that more parents join the very active PTA.

Posted May 23, 2013
We are very happy with Ridge Hill School. My son entered kindergarten mid-year when we moved here. He started as a shy kid who did not want to go to school at all. After only a few months, he is reading, making jokes and cheering when it is a school day. The support and care he feels from his teacher and the entire school community has been amazing.

Ridge Hill School 3

Posted April 22, 2013
This school is quite good if you don't have to deal with the administration. The teachers are top notch and really care about their students. I have had a lot of individual attention for my bright child. However, I know a number of people who have had legitimate issues with the administration.

Ridge Hill School 3

Posted December 13, 2012
The teachers are top-notch with many "Teacher-of-the-Year" winners located within the school. THe school is enourmous with the most breathtaking scenery and school grounds of all of Connecticut. However, the school is pretty high maintenence with all-carpet floors and vast amounts of dust in every corner. This is a great elementrary school to take your child to if you are interested in a "homeschooling" kind of education with strong bonds between students and teachers.

Posted July 28, 2012
My sister, younger brother and myself all attended this elementary school. I am now a doctor and my daughter is now attending this school. I have a great deal of respect for this school and amazed how well the school is doing till this day.

Ridge Hill School 4

Posted October 04, 2010
Our daughter is in her second year of Ridge Hill School and she is very happy here. The teachers and staff are top notch, and care a lot about the kids. There is a strong culture of kindness, respect and learning here. We are a happy Ridge Hill family - along with all our great neighbors and their children too. Shhh....don't let too many folks know.

Posted April 18, 2010
One walk through our school and you will see the Ridge Hill School Faculty & Staff care about our children! Thanks to them our children will continue to shine and someday change the world!

Ridge Hill School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Ridge Hill School has been my daughters home away from home for the past 7 years. Every teacher she has had have been a great influence in her life. I have been blessed for the help I have received from Ridge Hill School in raising my daughter. The school is 40 years past due for some renovations and the students, teachers, parents and the community deserve nothing less. So please, lets bring this school up to date and let our children today and in the future grow in a healthy environment.

Ridge Hill School
120 Carew Rd, Hamden, CT  06517
(203) 407-2035
Last modified Ridge Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Hill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top