Bad
Good

This school is a really great school I have 3 children who attend. I am very pleased with there teachers. I had one child who was behind in reading and the they worked with my child and, now she is exactly where she needs to be. We also had an issue with bullying and it was taking care of immediately the principal did not hesitate on this with that said its a great school.

The way Shepard Glen is operated is horrific, the administrative straff and the Principal should all be terminated in replaced with folks with common sense.The secretaries are rude and incompetent just as the other parent had mentioned. The parking is atrocious, cars flying down the street and the crossing guard just stands at the driveway making sure parents do not enter to pick up their children.Parents have to find an available spot to park which many are not available or safe. Instead of the Principal who is more interested in his staff then the parents of the children who attend the school, should hire people with manners, friendly, and with safty knowledge. I like many others parent are concerned with our children's education, safety, and their well-being. The staff at Shepard Glen, mainly the Principal should come up with a better solution with parents picking up their children and not just the concern his incompetent staff.

I have two kids that started attending this year and it's been nothing but a headache. The administration is incompetent and rude. The teachers don't seem to have genuine concern for the students. My kids have been denied meals more than once due to the incompetency of the administration and/or non communication with the students. I've also noticed that my children is doing the work that they were doing in a prior grade at a different school which is making me completely nervous about they're education at Shepherd Glen that I'm ready to pull them out and home-school them myself.

I have two children at Shepherd Glen and have loved the school! They've had excellent teachers and aides. The principal has been fantasic! We've been very happy.

My child attended this school for several years before I finally pulled her out in disgust. In the lower grades her teachers were excellent but as she progressed they were terrible. Once she got to private school it quickly became apparent that she was lacking in basic skills that should have been taught in earlier grades. She has since caught up thanks to the dedicated teachers at her new school but it clearly demonstrates a huge problem in this school. Also, Hamden schools in general have a problem with bullying and Shepherd Glen is no exception. The Principal is unapproachable and does little to permanently address issues of cocern. I would never recommend this school to any parent.

This school and its staffs are very accommodating in dealing with the issues involving the education, growth and health of my son. He is in kindergarten and I am allowed to spend time in the classroom and see the environment my son is learning in. The two teachers, Mrs. Morrissey and Ms. O'neil are wonderful, patient and very focused in providing an environment for their students to thrive in. And they care very much about their students health, well-being and welfare. The overall school is very clean and modern. They provide much needed after school activities for children of all ages and even have things like movie night for the children and parents.

Last modified Shepherd Glen School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.