Posted August 21, 2013
While ir is true that the physical facility desperately needs some repairs, the teachers are Excellent. The CMT's speak for themselves. the "open classroom" concept had me worried at first but it actually facilitates necessarily quiet and disciplined classroom areas - I am thoroughly impressed. My daughter is receiving a fantastic education at West Woods Elementary in Hamden CT. Sincerely, West Woods Parents (Speech/Language Pathologist, Mechanical Engineer)

West Woods School 1

Posted August 17, 2013
West woods school is an absolute abomination to the education system of America. this so called "school" is the worst thing that I've ever experienced. Between the harassment from teachers towards children with learning disabilities and the lack of order, lack of care, minimal help, and the nasty teachers ,this school is just HORRIBLE. I went through a downward spiral after being traumatized and had my family harassed by teachers because I was struggling due to a learning disability. The schooling self is discussing. Mold on the walls. Filthy dark bathrooms. dusty dirty carpets. All this along with the fact this school has open class rooms is almost to obviously bad for a school to even stress, since it really speaks for itself. This school not only caused myself a ton of hardship, but many other families have agreed with me and shared their story of this horrible place. This school is the last place you want to send your kid. They failed me as a student and never helped me but yelled at me and were awful, all because I had a learning disorder. It's just bad. Please don't put a child through this traumatic unstable environment. HORRIBLE, AND ALL AROUND GROSS AND UNSANITARY.

West Woods School 1

Posted February 03, 2012
They can only see a problem not a person. No respect for parents whatsoever. Stay away!!!

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted April 23, 2007

Posted April 06, 2007
West Woods has been a great learning experience for our kindergartener. The class sizes are small and the teachers are wonderful. The PTA is awesome and provide so many diverse learning opportunities for the children here. Parent involvement is great and the principal does a great job of keeping the parents informed of everything happening---there is a newsletter every month and a calender of events every month! The only thing I would say could use some improvement is the availability of specialists when children do need extra support.

West Woods School
350 West Todd St, Hamden, CT  06518
(203) 407-2050
Last modified West Woods School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Woods School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top