Posted November 06, 2014
I am an upset and concerned parent. I live in Plainville, CT. I thought that I was making the right choice for my daughters when I applied them for CHOICE/CREC school and was thrilled when they had been accepted into the Sports & Medical Sciences Academy in Hartford. I had heard such good things. However, what I had heard and what was in fact the truth were two completely different things. Also, in checking the reviews of the school on-line I note that I am note the only parent and community member who has issues with this school. The school, its principal Mr. Lavertys and the administrative staff clearly lack a committement and dedicationto its students and their education. They have obvious favortism and lack responsibility of the children that we trust into their care. I would not recommend this school to anyone. If I could rate this school no stars. I would. I have made the decision after years of frustration and disappointment to transfer my child to another school.

Posted December 23, 2013
This school when it first opened was excellent. Oh my! It is just horrible, they have a principal who is known for failure. There is nothing good about this school

Posted April 21, 2011
I attended this school from 2008-2009 and graduated. I loved it! The teachers were fun, the students were sociable, and the variety of classes that are offered to you are more than sufficient when applying to colleges.

Posted March 27, 2010

Posted October 28, 2009

Sports And Medical Sciences Academy 3

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted August 24, 2009

Sports And Medical Sciences Academy 4

Posted February 20, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
This school is wonderful, it has great potential.

Posted September 25, 2008

Sports And Medical Sciences Academy
275 Asylum St, Hartford, CT  06103
Last modified Sports And Medical Sciences Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sports And Medical Sciences Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top