Posted April 16, 2011
i was a student at Grace Webb an do not send your children there. The school is NOT who they say they are there was only two good thatcher rayen and shawen love them they change my life all most done with college they in they inspire me to go to college by shem daley

Posted March 31, 2011
I am a student at Grace Webb and anybody who is reading this? PLEASE. do not send your children there. The school is NOT who they say they are. When my school system decided to send me to this institution, Grace Webb promised to give me a proper education and a good support system for my issues, but that's completely opposite. They don't give me an education, instead, they are rude and mean and verbally abusive to us to the point where we aren't able to get academics done. The staff are extremely arrogant and the teachers don't seem to know a thing about what they're teaching. I agree with other reviews, they focus more on punishing us than helping us. I noticed that a lot of students who go there (including me) develop even more severe behavioral problems than we had before we came. The staff are monsters in this school, absolutely terrible. Kids cry and scream on a daily basis because the staff are so degrading. It hurts to know that grown adults act this way to students who are emotionally fragile. I'm begging you, whoever wants to come here, FIND.ANOTHER.SCHOOL. because they damaged me for life. save your sanity and don't attend this abusive environment.

The Grace S Webb School 4

Posted March 22, 2011
Very good at keeping parents informed. The staff truly cares and makes an effort to keep the parents and student involved in the decision making process regarding individual plans and any changes to help improve the entire process. They really do focus on what the student really needs to suceed and they let the student have a voice which sometimes schools don't do, espcially in a therapuetic environment.

Posted February 18, 2011
Grace Webb School is wonderful. The teachers, clinicians and all the staff are true professionals and give the students a great environment for a therapeutic school. The school has always communicated with me on my child's progress or lack of and has always kept me in the loop of any decisions that they have made during the school day. Thank you to Grace Webb!

Posted September 27, 2010
This is the worst school ever!! Do NOT send your child to this school. They will ruin your child's self esteem and their methods are geared towards punishing the kids rather than rewarding them for good behavior.

Posted March 11, 2010

Posted October 19, 2009
I currently attend GSW, and it is the worst school I've ever attended. The teachers never help me with my problems, and they believe that punishment is a better way to get a student to learn to behave than actually giving a reward or positive reinforcment for good behavior. I despise this school.

Posted December 28, 2008
This school is most awful...and very unfair to both kids and parents!

Posted March 24, 2008
A great school for children and teens who need to be rehabilitated to better mesh with society's idea's of behavior and acceptable actions. I was a student at Grace Webb; I used to be a rotten brat and I had an overwhelming temper. In my past one psychologist had even said I would need to be locked away, because I had no will to change my ways. My parents looked everywhere with no luck, until they found Grace Webb. I'll spare you the details; the point is when I left Grace Webb my parents said I was a pleasure to be around. I still have my times now a again, but Grace Webb gave me the tools to build the new me. I would recommend this school to anyone who want the perfect child or teen, not as a last resort, but as the first step to a new begining.

The Grace S Webb School
200 Retreat Avenue, Hartford, CT  06114
Last modified The Grace S Webb School is a Private school that serves grades 1-12
The Grace S Webb School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.