Hartford, CT

Posted December 16, 2013
This school became a joke. They are unorganized. They suspend my son and did not call me to inform me of this suspension instead they sent him home to tell me. These kids have no textbooks, how do you expect a student to pass with no material to study from. No matter how much money you put into the outside of the school its not going to make up for the lack of educational support.

Posted October 31, 2013
I wish I could give this school no stars at all. Teachers and staff at this school have no respect for parents. Parents are not allowed to bring their child to class. Parents are treated like criminals. My daughter just started kindergarden there and I have no idea how shes doing in class because her teacher avoid speaking to parents. Also there are many bullies in that school. I wont recommend this school to parents.

Burns Latino Studies Academy 3

Posted January 13, 2013
This school has made a lot of improvements in a short period of time. Students and teachers seem happier and more focused, and parents are more involved in their children's learning. Definitely a work in progress.

Posted November 22, 2010
Really don't care about the students, they are just brushing them off and they do not give teacher support.

Burns Latino Studies Academy 5

Posted October 16, 2009

Burns Latino Studies Academy
195 Putnam St, Hartford, CT  06106
Last modified Burns Latino Studies Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burns Latino Studies Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top