Bad
Good

Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School 5

Posted May 31, 2015
I attended Annie Fisher School in the Gifted & Talented Program from 1976 - 1978, and it was hands down, the BEST SCHOOL I've ever attended!!! My "tenure" consisted of two classrooms for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, two main teachers, and alternating "student" teachers that rotated in to assist. I will NEVER forget these times!! At my current age, I feel myself using things that I've learned through THIS school more than any other school, college, or place of training that I've ever attended because they taught me the BASICS... the stuff you need in LIFE... to get by, along with the accelerated "Higher Learning" curriculum on tap, as well as some great Science Projects, and what was then called "Social Studies". By the 5th grade most of the students were already reading at a College level and we dabbled into Algebra by the time we got to the 6th grade. Gee... they just don't make schools like they used to anymore. :-(

Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School 5

Posted July 29, 2013
My son attended the new Annie Fisher STEM magnet from its opening in 2010 (first grade) and finished up there this past May (third grade.) During that time, he was challenged, supported, redirected, and celebrated. He was above grade level and was given opportunities to be with the older kids for reading and math but he was always made to feel like he belonged with all peer groups. The teachers knew me personally and communicated openly and frequently. I felt that my son was safe and that my values were reinforced by every teacher and support staff, even the after-care providers. We were all very proud when AF STEM was awarded a National Blue Ribbon this past year. We moved to the other side of the state and that's the only reason we left this great school.

Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School 2

Posted December 11, 2008
i think this school has some very unprofessional teachers. Some teachers are very professional and are willing to help out the kids who come to school in stress and dont walk around with that attitude. And im speaking for the Middle schoolers.

Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School 2

Posted October 28, 2008
My daughter has been with this school since kindergarten. After the 2nd grade the teachers don't seem to care anymore, therefore the children are not being challenged to their potential. Annie Fisher never use to be like this. It was a good school, but I'm not sure what's happening now. I pray and hope that they get their act together soon.

Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School 3

Posted September 13, 2006
My kids have been going to this school for the past 3yrs. So far, they have been doing well. My concern with the school is that they just became a Magnet School and most of the kids are still adjusting to the new standards, my kids as well. Overall, I like the changes that are being made at Annie Fisher and I just hope that the students will eventually adapt! I also hope that the faculty and staff at the school can implement the changes without confusion by keeping the parents updated.

Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School
280 Plainfield St, Hartford, CT  06112
Last modified Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.