Bad
Good

My daughter has been attending this school for 2 years now and the issues we've been having are out of control. She is bullied almost daily but the school is listening to the bully who is trying to blame her for it. The bullying has been witnessed by other students, teachers and administrators. She is punched, scratched and sworn at almost daily but they won't do anything about it besides make him say he's sorry and tell her to "just stay away from him" and "ignore it". To say I'm disgusted is a gross understatement. She will not be going back next year.

I attended Annie Fisher School in the Gifted & Talented Program from 1976 - 1978, and it was hands down, the BEST SCHOOL I've ever attended!!! My "tenure" consisted of two classrooms for 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, two main teachers, and alternating "student" teachers that rotated in to assist. I will NEVER forget these times!! At my current age, I feel myself using things that I've learned through THIS school more than any other school, college, or place of training that I've ever attended because they taught me the BASICS... the stuff you need in LIFE... to get by, along with the accelerated "Higher Learning" curriculum on tap, as well as some great Science Projects, and what was then called "Social Studies". By the 5th grade most of the students were already reading at a College level and we dabbled into Algebra by the time we got to the 6th grade. Gee... they just don't make schools like they used to anymore. :-(

My son attended the new Annie Fisher STEM magnet from its opening in 2010 (first grade) and finished up there this past May (third grade.) During that time, he was challenged, supported, redirected, and celebrated. He was above grade level and was given opportunities to be with the older kids for reading and math but he was always made to feel like he belonged with all peer groups. The teachers knew me personally and communicated openly and frequently. I felt that my son was safe and that my values were reinforced by every teacher and support staff, even the after-care providers. We were all very proud when AF STEM was awarded a National Blue Ribbon this past year. We moved to the other side of the state and that's the only reason we left this great school.

i think this school has some very unprofessional teachers. Some teachers are very professional and are willing to help out the kids who come to school in stress and dont walk around with that attitude. And im speaking for the Middle schoolers.

My daughter has been with this school since kindergarten. After the 2nd grade the teachers don't seem to care anymore, therefore the children are not being challenged to their potential. Annie Fisher never use to be like this. It was a good school, but I'm not sure what's happening now. I pray and hope that they get their act together soon.

Last modified Stem Magnet School At Annie-Fisher School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.