Hartford, CT

Posted February 24, 2015
This school is amazing! My children love it there and I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff is there. They truly care about the children and go above and beyond to help and teach them in creative ways as well traditional classroom teachings. My children are learning about our environment via recycling, composting, gardening, plants, bugs, sea life... the list goes on. My son loves the LEGO robotics lab... Highly recommend this school!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 29, 2013
Phenomenal school with an amazing group of teachers, administrators and staff! This is a true community of caring faculty and a wonderfully diverse group of great kids. My daughter is in first grade, her third year at this school, and is excelling beyond our expectations. She has loved every one of her teachers and made lasting friendships. We couldn't be happier with the attentiveness and caring nature of every single adult who works at ESMS, from the custodial staff to the principal. We are also beyond thrilled that the school holds each child to such a high expectation of achievement, which has succeded in helping our child become a self-motivated academic and social achiever.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 01, 2012
Wonderful school, wonderful faculty! The teachers truly care about the students and teach them in a variety of ways for different learners. This was my daughter's first year and she was in preschool. I couldn't believe the things they were doing; analyzing the growth of plants under different conditions, learning about aquatic life, and she even finished the year able to read quite a bit! I was very impressed and so glad we chose to send her here.

The Environmental Sciences Magnet School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
Mary Hooker school has a wonderful caring staff who are flexible, patient and give their all every day. They have been able to provide students with what they need to turn around low test scores and attitudes for two years in a row by believing in them and going that extra mile. Previous test scores may not indicate a school's total potential or quality when scores of different children are compared year to year. Growth scores show our school's potential and quality.

The Environmental Sciences Magnet School
440 Broadview Terrace, Hartford, CT  06106
Last modified The Environmental Sciences Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Environmental Sciences Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top