Hartford, CT

Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy 4

Posted February 14, 2015
I am a student at Naylor CCSU Leader Ship Academy and I will tell you are school is great and we have an excellent community we appreciate what staffs do for us . Also we might not be great but we have a very eloquent principal in are school and he teaches us how to act right and to be leaders. in are school we act out , were open minded and we are very talented . Not only in playing instruments but also we have lots of students that sing . I'm also saying that we have great , smart and, responsible teachers,and they care about there students. by Diana Rodriguez a student at Naylor CCSU in 6TH grade.

Posted March 26, 2013
James Naylor Schools is a bad schools, this schools is very rasit with the puertorican people, I'm tell this for my experience, I try speach to the director of this school about a problem of buling with my son and daugther and never he or she can't . This school have big problem of bulling I'm not recoment this school

Posted June 04, 2011
my daughter was a great little girl. Never did she had to experience being bullied, nor failed in school until she started attending Naylor elementary. She now attends a different school and we are both much happier. Her grades are better, and she has great friends. Agree with the parents below. I do not recommend this school.

Posted June 26, 2010
This school is horrible. There does not seem to be any control in the morning time with traffic for staters. The education is extremely poor, school lacks discipline, kids get bullied constantly and my kid pick up a lot of bad habits since attending this school. Needless to say my kid no longer attends this school.

Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy 5

Posted March 02, 2010
Naylor school is a great school. My kid aced the cmts due to it's dedicated teachers. It has great involvement and teaches leadership! It's definitely the best school in Hartford

Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy

Posted March 13, 2009
Naylor is a great school,but i find my child complaining a lot about the food they serve. But other than that Naylor is a wonderful school and its a great learning place

Posted October 25, 2005
This school is lacking a leader. Naylor needs someone who will take initiative. No one honors the oneway in the morning. The police have to take action. Another alarming issue is the safety in the building, anyone can just walk in/out as they please. The security that sits at the desk does not question anyone entering/exiting the building. Now that to me is extremely disturbing.

Posted October 24, 2005
This school is lacking structure!! morning drop offs are a nightmare, parents in their vehicles go thru a one-way street every morning and after school consistantly; (security guards observe this and make no attempt to stop these vehicles) afterschool children engage in quarrels, security guards just observe moms instead. There is no sign in sheets for the after school power hour, and from visitors coming into the school during school hours. That is a huge liability for the school if the were to be a missing child or once again a child bringing a weapon into the school or a possible gang activity our children would be at risk. The school should be safe zone for the children attending. This school needs help!!!!!

Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy 2

Posted October 19, 2005
I am very dissapointed in the school this year as well as last year. In my opinion the city of Hartford should concetrate on academic skills. The principal is constantly contradicting himself. He needs to learn how to be more eficient as far as returning telephone calls to parents in an orderly fashion.I have left him several messages and never once did he return any of my telephone calls and neither did any of the staff. The students need to be praised when they do a good job in exams. For example; nominating a child for student of the month, perfect attendance assembly every semester, etc. This school needs a lot of work. An extremyl concerned parent

Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy 4

Posted November 16, 2004
I'm not a partent, I'm an ex-student. I used to go to Naylor, I loved it there. I've went there since I was in the first grade and I loved it. I wish that I could still be there, but I'm not. I'm in high school right now and I still remember how much fun I had in that school and everything. It's like when I left, a big part of me disappeared, Naylor was my second home and now it's gone, but I still cherise the memories I had while there.

Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy
639 Franklin Ave, Hartford, CT  06114
Last modified Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. James H Naylor/Ccsu Leadership Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top