PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

As of this review, I have 4 kids attending St. James School, I would not have my kids attend any other school. The teachers are wonderful and dedicated to the success of the children and the value rich environment is something I work at home to give my kids and it is reinforced at school. I find the academic structure to be challenging and just enough to ensure my kids are being pushed to do their best. The entire staff is second to none! I could not recommend St. James any higher, best decision my wife and I ever made!

My grand daughter attended the public school system at KCS. She was constantly in trouble suspended from school, etc, at 8 years old. We decided to send her to St. James this school year. They have not seen her exhibit any negative behavior since she has been there. She seems happy, we like the teaches, principal, curriculum and teaching of values, respect, self esteem, etc. This is what children are lacking these days. Our grand daughter was bullied @ the public school system and we have not heard of anything like this happening @ St. James. There is no room for toleration of negative behavior from any child.

My children have been a part of the St. James family for three years now. Although I am aware that there is no such thing as a perfect school out there, I have to say that I am very satisfied with the education my children continue to receive. I find the religious aspect of the school and the values (that are taught at home and) reinforced in school appealing and refreshing, however it is not the only reason that I chose parochial school for my kids. I am thrilled with the challenging curriculum my children receive and the growth they have made. I trust the teachers to not be led by test scores (although they can have their place), but rather student growth. But when it comes down to it, the best indication that this was the right choice for my family is that my kids come home happy.

I was a student at St. James school and attended the school from pre-school until i graduated with the class of 2007. I did not despise anything more than school from 5th grade on. Parents send their children to Christian schools so that the child will not face bullying, and harassment, this is not what i experienced. The children that go to St.James school were some of the rudest people i have ever come into contact with in my life. I was constantly ridiculed, and the cliques were so bad that it was difficult to make friends. The teachers picked favorites and did not make certain children follow the rules. Did i get a good education at St.James School? Yes, a very good one. Would I ever send my children to this school? No. Never.

Very political school. Bullies are allowed to roam freely. The principal very inconsistent.

My son entered the Pre-K 4 program unable to write his name and knowing only a handful of his letters. Although we have attended playgroups very regularly since he was only months old, he was still very shy and had a difficult time separating from me initially. After completing preschool, he's writing his first and last name, sounding out and reading words and he's very enthusiastic about learning in general. He is much more outgoing and confident and has made many friends in his class. While he still occasionally has a difficult time separating from me during drop-off he generally enters the classroom independently without any fuss. The preschool curriculum is definitely a little ahead of the public schools in our area. I did not experience any of the problems that the previous posters spoke of, but I'm aware that the teaching staff has undergone some changes since the time of

Last modified St James School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8