Lebanon, CT

Lyman Memorial High School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
There are very few teachers at this school who care about the students and really teach them. Do not send you child here if they have any issues such as autism because they will not help you, you must constantly fight for help and go outside the system to get information. On the other hand if your child is very bright and not a problem they get to teach themselves because teachers don't want to do their job. They get tests that are used over and over again because it is too much work for the teachers to write new ones. Some teachers pick and choose which students do will do well and who they choose to do poorly. Depending upon who you are or who you are related to they decide what your experience will be. The only languages that are taught there are French and Spanish, the other languages listed, German, Latin and Italian are just clubs and not taught there. These clubs usually meet monthly for x block. They care more about soccer than academics so if you want your child in school for sports this would be great for them however if you want your child to learn don't send them here.

Lyman Memorial High School 3

Posted January 01, 2015
It's a public school, lots of drama that goes on that I don't want to deal with anymore. Lunches there are 3$+. No dress code which I like. But I had friends that went to Lyman, they loved it, and junior year, I wanna go their

Posted November 20, 2009
this school is great for my kid it also is great in soccer and other sports

Posted October 30, 2007
this school is so awesome. i loved it so much. i cant wait for my kids to go there so that i can go through the whole experience again. the best period of the day is AG and i seriously advise ppl to take that class if they get the chance.

Lyman Memorial High School 4

Posted February 07, 2005
As a former student of Lyman I have many both positive and negative experiences, however I think that this to be expected. Many of the teachers are wonderful and engaging, however the level of education which a student recieves is questionable. The small environment is very encouraging for any type of student however it is not adequate for preparing a student for many types of higher education. I was very active in many of the clubs and sports, but I never felt any pressure for any great accomplishment. The senior project which is highly regarded by many is actually simplistic and does not prepare a student in anyway for what is going to be expected of them in college.

Posted December 17, 2004
I'm not a parent, but a former student. I thought that Lyman was one of the best schools out there. It offered a class for everyone. There was no way you could go to school there and say you weren't interested in at least 2 different classes. The teachers are all really great too. The security within the school is relieving and the cafeteria food is even good. Try the fresh warm begals in the morning, or the soft warm chocolete chip cookies or even the french fries. I couldn't imagen going to another school other then Lyman. Coming from a student who wasn't very popular, i still felt welcomed and comfortable within those walls. It was the time of my life and I'll never forget it. -Angela Wigg

Lyman Memorial High School 4

Posted February 19, 2004
This school provided both of my children the needed education to get to where they are today both successful young adults. The Senior project which was originated the year my daughter was a senior, gave her a pathway into the occupation she does today. This school was a safe, fun place for my children to go to school, and I beleive they got the best education in Connecticut.

Lyman Memorial High School
917 Exeter Rd, Lebanon, CT  06249
Last modified Lyman Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyman Memorial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top