Posted November 24, 2009
This school is excellent. I am in my second year and I have enjoyed every day. The teachers really connect to the students, and everyone is just so friendly. I went to FSHS in Groton in my freshmen year, and I have to definately say, this school is so much better. I love the agri science program and am proud to be a Ledyard Colonol. :]

Posted July 25, 2009
Great staff, Staff cares for the kids always ready to help in anyway. Great Principle

Ledyard High School 3

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted July 24, 2007
I have a child at this school. A new principal will be moving up from the Middle School. He was awesome there! My child has special needs and the program he is in is very good. I do have to push for some things and feel that sometimes he could do more, but he feels very safe there. The staff is mostly wonderful, a few standouts come to mind to drag down that rating. The music program in the vocal area is wonderful. The band area needs tremendous improvement. Math department is outstanding! Involved parents are a key...even if you need to do it from the 'background' so as to not embarass your child. The VoAg progam is great and offers another avenue of learning.

Ledyard High School 2

Posted May 09, 2007

Posted March 15, 2007
Overall decent school. Adminstration woefully lacking but some outstanding teachers. Principal seems over her head and most kids couldn't tell you what she looks like (they never see her). Overall climate less than inspiring. Yes, great music program (chorus anyway). Band is pitifu. No strings. Only one musical drama production every FOUR years. Biggest complaint is lack of encouragement/support. Tough getting classes you want/need. Block schedule lacks flexibility. Not many AP classes offered. Highlights: math and social studies (some incredible teachers). Safety good but would credit overall community more than school policy or staff. Be prepared to be pushy and involved parent.

Posted March 13, 2007

Ledyard High School 3

Posted June 17, 2006

Posted March 29, 2006
- a former student
I attended this school from 2000-2004 through the Agri-Science program. I enjoyed my experience very much and found it a good choice. I was involved in chorus and drama both of which are wonderful programs. The teachers are mostly great, some are not so wonderful, but I got along well with most of them. Overall it is a wonderful school.

Posted December 14, 2005
- a former student
I attended this school and it was alright. It had great programs and awsome teachers. The only problem was the kids in the school made it bad. They bullied to much and there was always drama about something. Thats why I switched out. But if i could pick one thing to change about any school i would change the kids at Ledyard and i would attend that school again. ~Krystin Pearson (2008)

Ledyard High School
24 Gallup Hill Rd, Ledyard, CT  06339
Last modified Ledyard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ledyard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top