Lisbon, CT

Posted December 18, 2012
I am a parent of two children - one is currently a 9th grader at NFA and the other is still a student with LCS (7th grade). We actually moved to Lisbon because of the positive comments regarding LCS when my oldest was in Pre-K. I can not say enough positive things about LCS. They have always been wonderful to my children, the teachers are very active with the kids and my oldest was prepared for his 9th grade year at NFA. LCS has a family atmosphere and since they are a small school the teachers and staff become very familiar with your children. All I can say is they are wonderful....and I appreciate all of the teachers and staff that have teached and coached my children from there - THANK YOU LCS!!!

Posted October 06, 2012
The last post appears to have an ax to grind, with such intense accusations. My son attended this school for 8 years and had a terrific experience. There are excellent teachers who care about every student offering them opportunities and teaching them skills to be successful. There are female and male teachers. My son was prepared well for high school and has fond memories of his elementary and middle school education.

Posted April 24, 2010
The school has a great teaching method.

Posted April 24, 2010

Posted August 25, 2008

Posted March 23, 2008
This is one of the best schools in Connecticut.This School teaches from pre-k to 8th grade and is so organized you wont find a school like it anywhere else.Griswold schools say they are better and bigger than Lisbon Cnetral School but the Griswold property may be bigger but the students are kind of forced to go to the High School There.But Lisbon Students have the Freedom to choose many diffrent High Schools in The State Of CT so, If People say that Lisbon is the Smallest Town in the State they may be right but the school is deffinetly the best school in CT.

Lisbon Central School 0

Posted August 06, 2007
It is an excellent school to go to. All of the teachers are excellent and very helpful. I really like going to this school

Lisbon Central School 4

Posted November 07, 2006

Posted May 12, 2006
I am the parent of three childer and live in the Lisbon school district. My two oldest now attend NFA and my youngest is a 7th grader. I have no complaints when it comes to their education. I have found my two oldest are doing well and I credit the teachers at Lisbon for their success. I especialy want to acknowledge a wonderful teacher by the name of Mr. Austin. Mr. Austin was always there for my children and helped them greatly when they were in his math class. I am very happy that my last has him this year. He is a very careing person who is concerned about them when they leave L.C.S. I wish more teachers were like him. I rate L.C.S very high.

Posted May 20, 2005
My oldest son graduated from LCS last spring. I was a little concerned with his going to NFA for high school-going from a small community school to a large high school. I needn't have worried, LCS more than prepared my son. He has adjusted very well and is a high honors student at NFA. I credit his teachers at LCS (especially the 7th & 8th grade teachers) with his success. I currently have a son in 6th grade and have no fears that he will also adjust quite nicely to high school. All the teachers at the school that both my sons have had have always gone above and beyond for their students. I have found the staff very caring and interested in their students even after they have left their current grade. Lots of parent involvement in the school and a great sports and extracurricular program.

Lisbon Central School
15 Newent Rd, Lisbon, CT  06351
Last modified Lisbon Central School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisbon Central School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top