Madison, CT

Grove School 3

Posted July 01, 2015
The school has definatly helped but has too many unfair unnecessary restrictions. It gets very frustrating easily.

Grove School
Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 01, 2015
All fresh out of college some even teaching subjects they don't have a previous education in.

Posted May 01, 2015
My son has grown tremendously at Grove, and he really enjoys being a student there. He's made a great group of friends and enjoys his interactions with teachers and staff. It is an extremely positive and nurturing program that challenges kids in all be right ways.

Posted March 28, 2015
I would never recommend this school to any parent. It was presented as a therapeutic boarding school but was anything but that. My daughter was on anti depressants. The head of psychiatry at Grove, promptly took her off all meds at once. No tapering of meds, so it was dangerous. I'm sure there are competent staff there but my guess is the school will close down at some point. The Internet is too powerful now and reviews are made public much easier. Please look elsewhere for help for your child. Don't believe the school public relations campaign.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 12, 2014
After the influx of five-star reviews (presumably by Grove School staff), my review was removed. Considering how defensive some of the posts below are, and how honest I was, it would not be a surprise if someone inappropriately reported mine in an attempt to maintain the school's reputation. Instead of reading these one star reviews and trying to fix the issues addressed, Grove pretends that they're a godsent. I think that says a lot.
10 people found this helpful

Posted September 27, 2014
The fact that Grove School officials feel the need to write five star reviews on this website says a lot.

Posted September 23, 2014
Great School!!!! I have referred many families to Grove and have not been disappointed. Grove effectively educates and treats students with emotional issues where other school have failed them. I find them to be a trustworthy, honest and transparent program, and I encourage anyone who is searching for this type of schools to see them for themselves! I am a former teacher and administrator and now I am an educational consultant helping struggling students find great schools to help them and their families. I pay a lot of attention to web sites like this because it bothers me when so few people can end up with a powerful voice to parents who are looking to find help with their child. I believe often times that when you see bad reviews posted by former teachers it is usually sour grapes or someone struggling with their own life issues. If you really want to get to know a program you should go see it and get a sense of the place yourself.

Posted September 23, 2014
Amazing place- helpful staff, nice facilities and a warm and caring environment. My daughter has been a student at Grove School for a year and we are so pleased with her progress. Prior to her entrance into Grove, we struggled and really lost hope in her future. We finally feel like we have our daughter back and our family is reuniting. There are not many places where you can find solid, college prep academics with the level of therapy and support that Grove students get. We feel lucky to be a part of this community.

Posted September 23, 2014
This is an excellent school for anyone looking to get help with their son or daughter. Their educational approach is sophisticated and they have a great set of staff who actually follow through with the commitments they make instead of just making empty promises. We had poor experiences with other programs but are very happy with this one. We have finally found a place that cares about the work they do as much as we care about our child.

Posted September 23, 2014
All these reviews posted in the last 24-48 Hrs have been by Grove School officials trying to bolster the reputation of this school on Great Schools. Please disregard them because they are not from real students or parents who are attending/attended Grove School.
14 people found this helpful