7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted April 12, 2016
I also believe those 5 star reviews are BS. I have has a horrible experience with this school and suggest you stay clear from this place. You cannot expect to get help when a business is becoming so profitable on your money. The children do not get the individualized and trained attention needed. Experience and knowledge can and should be found elsewhere.

Posted December 07, 2015
What an awful and horrid experience we had at Grove. We have an educational advocate and a principal of a special education school in our town accompany us on the interview and tour. At this time we were all told that our student would be starting the Monday after Thanksgiving. I did not receive any follow up call from staff member Lauren- finally I called and was told to sign the appropriate releases and come back for an admission interview. Due to the holiday our student would not be able to start the Monday after Thanksgiving but the following Monday. I did as told, went back and was told that our student would not be starting on that Monday either. Parent, educational advocate and principal all told at first meeting that child would be able to "mainstream" back into public school system. Then all of a sudden this changes and the student is now required to graduate from the school. They want your money and nothing else. Trust me from a parent perspective, do not even bother with his school. It is a joke.

Grove School 3

Posted July 01, 2015
The school has definatly helped but has too many unfair unnecessary restrictions. It gets very frustrating easily.

Grove School
Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 01, 2015
All fresh out of college some even teaching subjects they don't have a previous education in.

Posted May 01, 2015
My son has grown tremendously at Grove, and he really enjoys being a student there. He's made a great group of friends and enjoys his interactions with teachers and staff. It is an extremely positive and nurturing program that challenges kids in all be right ways.

Posted March 28, 2015
I would never recommend this school to any parent. It was presented as a therapeutic boarding school but was anything but that. My daughter was on anti depressants. The head of psychiatry at Grove, promptly took her off all meds at once. No tapering of meds, so it was dangerous. I'm sure there are competent staff there but my guess is the school will close down at some point. The Internet is too powerful now and reviews are made public much easier. Please look elsewhere for help for your child. Don't believe the school public relations campaign.

Posted October 12, 2014
After the influx of five-star reviews (presumably by Grove School staff), my review was removed. Considering how defensive some of the posts below are, and how honest I was, it would not be a surprise if someone inappropriately reported mine in an attempt to maintain the school's reputation. Instead of reading these one star reviews and trying to fix the issues addressed, Grove pretends that they're a godsent. I think that says a lot.

Posted September 27, 2014
The fact that Grove School officials feel the need to write five star reviews on this website says a lot.

Posted September 23, 2014
Great School!!!! I have referred many families to Grove and have not been disappointed. Grove effectively educates and treats students with emotional issues where other school have failed them. I find them to be a trustworthy, honest and transparent program, and I encourage anyone who is searching for this type of schools to see them for themselves! I am a former teacher and administrator and now I am an educational consultant helping struggling students find great schools to help them and their families. I pay a lot of attention to web sites like this because it bothers me when so few people can end up with a powerful voice to parents who are looking to find help with their child. I believe often times that when you see bad reviews posted by former teachers it is usually sour grapes or someone struggling with their own life issues. If you really want to get to know a program you should go see it and get a sense of the place yourself.

Posted September 23, 2014
Amazing place- helpful staff, nice facilities and a warm and caring environment. My daughter has been a student at Grove School for a year and we are so pleased with her progress. Prior to her entrance into Grove, we struggled and really lost hope in her future. We finally feel like we have our daughter back and our family is reuniting. There are not many places where you can find solid, college prep academics with the level of therapy and support that Grove students get. We feel lucky to be a part of this community.

Grove School