No rating

St Bridget School

Private | PK-8

Living in Manchester

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,170.

Posted June 17, 2013

Sorry this is a fake review. Just an observation, I am looking to enroll my children in a private school which led me to this page. All the reviews are either 5star or 1star (seems suspicious) The one star reviews were if not all, than mostly by one person. I can tell by the writing style "I'm anxious to leave" "counting the days until we leave" That is just one example Please be advised the 1 star ratings all come from the same parant!

Posted December 10, 2012

Our Catholic School recently closed, we visited all Catholic schools in the area and selected St Bridget's for our 2 children. We have been pleased beyond our expectations! All of the teachers, Principal and office staff are very dedicated and made us all feel very welcome. The curriculum is challenging as it should be, we LOVE the fact they have whiteboards and IPADS, and its great that they have Spanish in Grades 3 to 8 The other schools didn't. Just another plus! Our children just love the school. They have made many new friends! The Principal is just amazing and very caring! We would highly recommend and trust St Bridget's over any school, public, charter or magnet to educate your children.

Posted November 25, 2012

I think that this school is perfect with academics and education. The coaches will not let you play or do any after-school activities involving the school if you have a C or below. it's got a strong principal/school leadership, excellent teachers and staff, and its got challenging academic and educating programs. this is the best school you could have.

Posted August 26, 2012

My son graduated from St. Bridget School and he was very prepared for high school. The teachers are dedicated to their jobs and the principal is a wonderful leader and cares for all of the families whether they are students or teachers. The staff works with families, it is a school community that utilizes involvement from families, yes there is fundraising, not just to support the school but to give the kids the extras that many public schools do not offer, ie: sports with uniform, clubs, and family activities. Parents must be involved in their child's education and encourage them to work hard for success. About the bullying comments, I've never seen bullying in the school. Violence isn't tolerated and verbal aggression is dealt with when seen or reported. Most parents work with the school to solve the problem, unfortunately there have been a few parents who feel that anything said by another child that upsets their child is bullying. All parents must teach their child to handle conflict. Maybe these parents complaining about bullying should help their child and the school solve the problem, gather all facts, accept that their child may be exxaggerating or part of the problem.

Posted June 8, 2012

I was saddened to see that we were not the only ones who experienced bullying at this school. My daughter was PHYSICALLY and emotionally harmed by other girls - the admin was fully aware of the problem. We are anxious to leave.

Posted May 7, 2012

New to the school and not impressed. Lots of bullying and it seems that certain parents are in charge not the administration. Enrolling anyone to keep the school open, instead of being selective. No one volunteers and I don't know if the school can continue without funds coming in. This is just my opinion.

Posted March 1, 2012

We recently left an area school. After touring Parochial schools, we settled on St. Bridgets. It's large enough for my child socially, yet small enough where the entire faculty and staff all know my daughter by name. We were very impressed with the newest technologies the school has (Apple ipads and interactive white boards), along with a first class school website. The teachers, academics and extra curricular activities all exceed our expectations. We know we made the right choice for our daughter, and ourselves.

Posted January 19, 2012

We have two children at St. Bridget school and they both love it. The teachers and principal are all very caring and approachable. The first grade teacher in particular far exceeded our expectations. We have been very happy with our experiences the last four years.

Posted August 12, 2011

This past year my daughter was bullied several times by other students in grade 8. Nothing was done. After 8 years and pre-school, we too are leaving this school!!

Posted May 23, 2011

St. Bridget School offers a great learning environment. The principal and staff seem to be first rate. I have to say that St. Bridget School is one of the best elementary schools and middle schools I have seen throughout my years of teaching.

Posted May 23, 2011

St. Bridget School seems to be a great place for children to learn. My children go there and I am so impressed. They are doing very well academically. The faculty and staff are wonderful. The principal is so kind and so caring! She recently helped us through a difficult situation with our youngest recently and couldn't have handled the it better. We now have another child who absolutely loves school, as not many elementary school students do!

Posted May 22, 2011

On Friday May 20th 2011, a student from ST Bridget engaged in a violent fight with a student from another school. This student and his parents have been involved in multiple actions that have never been disciplined by the St Bridget pastor of principle. Please!!! Do your own investigation dont make a mistake

Posted May 20, 2011

St. Bridget has many good quality. The size of the school allows for more interaction with the faculty and staff.. If there is a concern they will listen and work with you .. The school is always improving with academics, technology, clubs & sports..
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 30, 2011

My child was in a public school in Manchester (not naming school, as I am now biased and 2 sides to every story). My husband and I decided that our child needed more structure and discipline regarding his schooling. We like Manchester as a town, so we looked at the 3 Catholic schools in town. Assumption, St Bridget and St James. They all had the basic / same curriculum. Assumption had no gym and had a " split" 2 location campus, and the kids had to go to a different building (church basement) to eat lunch. also having to walking outside to do so. St James just seemed to large with 2 classes per grade level, and seemed very impersonal. We have to say that we settled on St Bridget. It seemed to have the best fit for us as parents and our child. Decent sized classes, one campus, a gym and separate cafe, all in the same building. The teachers and staff we met at their Open House just all seemed very down to earth, and very caring. Just wanted to share our experiences with those of you having to make an important decision about your little one's education.

Posted December 27, 2010

This school lacks smart boards, computer classes, etc.. this year a lot was cut out due to small enrollment. Maybe 12 children in a class, yet they still have students that fail. High tuition in addition to the fundraising which is $480 (1 child), $680 (2 or more children). Can't imagine what it will be next year.

Posted December 1, 2010

My son is at St. Bridget's and I couldn't be happier. We were concerned that it would be hard to fit into a new school but the staff and parents were very welcoming and treated us like family. The academics are superb! My son was reading in Kindergarten. The teachers and principal are so dedicated; the communication is timely and helpful. We looked at other schools in town but St. Bridget felt like home from the first moment we walked into the school.

Posted November 10, 2010

Disappointed in such low enrollment here, I would blame the principal on this. Not good socially for children. No full-time nurse, and no upkeep on facility because there are no funds. Everything volunteer with too much complaining. Tuition too high for what you get, when surrounding schools are less expensive and seem to be thriving. Counting the days until we leave.

Posted October 9, 2010

Saint Bridget's not only gives the kids a wonderful education but also a moral compass for navigating life.

Posted June 22, 2010

St. Bridget's is an excellent school. Dedicated teachers and smaller class sizes help differentiate the quality of learning and sense of community. The school offers a wonderful blend of challenging academics and social responsibility.

Posted April 24, 2010

Not happy with this school. 2nd year here and I'm leaving the school. New principal and it feels as if things are not under control. I spend a lot of money here and I'm not getting the education I thought my child would.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 16% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Hartford

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

74 Main Street