Manchester, CT

Posted June 17, 2013
Sorry this is a fake review. Just an observation, I am looking to enroll my children in a private school which led me to this page. All the reviews are either 5star or 1star (seems suspicious) The one star reviews were if not all, than mostly by one person. I can tell by the writing style "I'm anxious to leave" "counting the days until we leave" That is just one example Please be advised the 1 star ratings all come from the same parant!

Posted December 10, 2012
Our Catholic School recently closed, we visited all Catholic schools in the area and selected St Bridget's for our 2 children. We have been pleased beyond our expectations! All of the teachers, Principal and office staff are very dedicated and made us all feel very welcome. The curriculum is challenging as it should be, we LOVE the fact they have whiteboards and IPADS, and its great that they have Spanish in Grades 3 to 8 The other schools didn't. Just another plus! Our children just love the school. They have made many new friends! The Principal is just amazing and very caring! We would highly recommend and trust St Bridget's over any school, public, charter or magnet to educate your children.

Posted November 25, 2012
I think that this school is perfect with academics and education. The coaches will not let you play or do any after-school activities involving the school if you have a C or below. it's got a strong principal/school leadership, excellent teachers and staff, and its got challenging academic and educating programs. this is the best school you could have.

Posted August 26, 2012
My son graduated from St. Bridget School and he was very prepared for high school. The teachers are dedicated to their jobs and the principal is a wonderful leader and cares for all of the families whether they are students or teachers. The staff works with families, it is a school community that utilizes involvement from families, yes there is fundraising, not just to support the school but to give the kids the extras that many public schools do not offer, ie: sports with uniform, clubs, and family activities. Parents must be involved in their child's education and encourage them to work hard for success. About the bullying comments, I've never seen bullying in the school. Violence isn't tolerated and verbal aggression is dealt with when seen or reported. Most parents work with the school to solve the problem, unfortunately there have been a few parents who feel that anything said by another child that upsets their child is bullying. All parents must teach their child to handle conflict. Maybe these parents complaining about bullying should help their child and the school solve the problem, gather all facts, accept that their child may be exxaggerating or part of the problem.

Posted June 08, 2012
I was saddened to see that we were not the only ones who experienced bullying at this school. My daughter was PHYSICALLY and emotionally harmed by other girls - the admin was fully aware of the problem. We are anxious to leave.

Posted May 07, 2012
New to the school and not impressed. Lots of bullying and it seems that certain parents are in charge not the administration. Enrolling anyone to keep the school open, instead of being selective. No one volunteers and I don't know if the school can continue without funds coming in. This is just my opinion.

Posted March 01, 2012
We recently left an area school. After touring Parochial schools, we settled on St. Bridgets. It's large enough for my child socially, yet small enough where the entire faculty and staff all know my daughter by name. We were very impressed with the newest technologies the school has (Apple ipads and interactive white boards), along with a first class school website. The teachers, academics and extra curricular activities all exceed our expectations. We know we made the right choice for our daughter, and ourselves.

Posted January 19, 2012
We have two children at St. Bridget school and they both love it. The teachers and principal are all very caring and approachable. The first grade teacher in particular far exceeded our expectations. We have been very happy with our experiences the last four years.

Posted August 12, 2011
This past year my daughter was bullied several times by other students in grade 8. Nothing was done. After 8 years and pre-school, we too are leaving this school!!

St Bridget School 4

Posted May 23, 2011
St. Bridget School offers a great learning environment. The principal and staff seem to be first rate. I have to say that St. Bridget School is one of the best elementary schools and middle schools I have seen throughout my years of teaching.

St Bridget School