Posted October 04, 2013
Illing Middle School and it's staff are amazing. SInce the change in administrative staff the school has taken a whole new direction. I attended my second 8th grade open house last night and the change from when my daughter attended till now is amazing. The Principal clearly and openly takes pride in the school and students and strives every day to improve EVERYTHING including the grounds! I hope it continues, he is a breath of fresh air to both students and faculty. I am a proud to say my children attend Manchester Public Schools!

Illing Middle School 2

Posted September 03, 2013
Student. I didn't like this school at all. The discipline was clearly not in place. Kids were slways out of control and care free. I was oftenly pushed around and the teachers did barely anything to help me. The teachers didn't offer much except after school help. Guidance was to much of a chore to get in touch with. I felt miserable their.

Illing Middle School 1

Posted February 10, 2013
Very disappointed. Extremely difficult to work with guidance office. I have to make numerous requests in order to receive an answer to relatively simple questions.

Illing Middle School 2

Posted January 25, 2013
The new principal this year is a dynamic personality and truly cares about the students and may be able to turn things around. That being said, I worked at Illing as a semi-long term substitute and found a critical mass of the students had serious behavior problems. Too many of the students put each other down - it is appalling and constant. I covered one so-called regular class that was 50% special needs of one kind or another. The percentage of special needs seems extremely high to me and it makes things very difficult for the average or high functioning student. The greatschools overall rating of 4 (under 50% is what it amounts to, which to me translates to an "F") is not misplaced. Power to the students and their heroic teachers who come out successfully and power to the principal if he can turn it around and get more parents to take responsibility and do their jobs of training their children to have more respect for themselves and others (or find more suitable environments for them). I'm not saying it's the worst (you can look to Hartford or New Britain for that) but I would personally try to get my child into a different school and/or district at this time.

Posted October 12, 2012
This year 2012 under the leadership of a new principal, the school staff seems to be more attentive. the principal appears to have an open door policy. he is very friendly and seem to have the children interest at heart. The kids appear to be motivated and alive. Good look to the new principal and staff he brought with him. It is a welcome change.

Posted October 02, 2012
I Love My Team Dartmouth (7B) I Really Love All My Teachers ! They Are All Great <3 Who Are Ms.Nobilo , Ms. Levenduski Mr.Shardt An Ms.Avakian

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted March 24, 2009

Posted December 21, 2008
So far, Illing Middle School is the best school I've been to. All of the staff is kind and very helpful. My team (7B) is, in my opinion, the best team. All the 7B teachers (Mrs. Avakian, Mrs. Botting, Mr. Schardt, Mrs. Nobilio, and Mrs. M) are amazing! I'm looking forward to a great year at this school.

Posted September 23, 2008

Illing Middle School
227 East Middle Turnpike, Manchester, CT  06040
Last modified Illing Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Illing Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top