Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I'm a substitute teacher and have worked at this school. Honestly, the teachers have no control over the students. It's the students that run the show there because there is no discipline or consequences. It's as if the teachers are more like friends, instead of teachers. As a substitute, I felt as though I was the only teacher letting the students know there would be consequences if they didn't follow the rules. I was met by students who acted as if they were entitled and didn't have respect for teachers; often challenging authority. The administration needs a wake up call and parents need to teach their children how to be respectful.

Illing Middle School and it's staff are amazing. SInce the change in administrative staff the school has taken a whole new direction. I attended my second 8th grade open house last night and the change from when my daughter attended till now is amazing. The Principal clearly and openly takes pride in the school and students and strives every day to improve EVERYTHING including the grounds! I hope it continues, he is a breath of fresh air to both students and faculty. I am a proud to say my children attend Manchester Public Schools!

Student. I didn't like this school at all. The discipline was clearly not in place. Kids were slways out of control and care free. I was oftenly pushed around and the teachers did barely anything to help me. The teachers didn't offer much except after school help. Guidance was to much of a chore to get in touch with. I felt miserable their.

Very disappointed. Extremely difficult to work with guidance office. I have to make numerous requests in order to receive an answer to relatively simple questions.

The new principal this year is a dynamic personality and truly cares about the students and may be able to turn things around. That being said, I worked at Illing as a semi-long term substitute and found a critical mass of the students had serious behavior problems. Too many of the students put each other down - it is appalling and constant. I covered one so-called regular class that was 50% special needs of one kind or another. The percentage of special needs seems extremely high to me and it makes things very difficult for the average or high functioning student. The greatschools overall rating of 4 (under 50% is what it amounts to, which to me translates to an "F") is not misplaced. Power to the students and their heroic teachers who come out successfully and power to the principal if he can turn it around and get more parents to take responsibility and do their jobs of training their children to have more respect for themselves and others (or find more suitable environments for them). I'm not saying it's the worst (you can look to Hartford or New Britain for that) but I would personally try to get my child into a different school and/or district at this time.

This year 2012 under the leadership of a new principal, the school staff seems to be more attentive. the principal appears to have an open door policy. he is very friendly and seem to have the children interest at heart. The kids appear to be motivated and alive. Good look to the new principal and staff he brought with him. It is a welcome change.

I Love My Team Dartmouth (7B) I Really Love All My Teachers ! They Are All Great <3 Who Are Ms.Nobilo , Ms. Levenduski Mr.Shardt An Ms.Avakian

So far, Illing Middle School is the best school I've been to. All of the staff is kind and very helpful. My team (7B) is, in my opinion, the best team. All the 7B teachers (Mrs. Avakian, Mrs. Botting, Mr. Schardt, Mrs. Nobilio, and Mrs. M) are amazing! I'm looking forward to a great year at this school.

god i have been there for less than a month and i looooooooooooove it my 7b teacher is awesome. go Mrs. Avakian :)

I have 3 children in this school and I coul dnot be happier. The teachers are great and even call to tell me when thye have been exceptionally good.

Last modified Illing Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.