Manchester, CT

Posted October 09, 2010
It's a school that is dedicated to the betterment of its children.

Posted March 03, 2009
It continually astounds me that this school continues to exist. There are a few teachers that are fantastic people but as another person mentioned they don't teach there. My son attended this school for a year and during that time in every visit there, including the initial walk thru, this school seemed more like a teenage babysitting camp. Children roamed the halls. In classes it was chaotic. Forget the academics, where is the behavioral aspect that is supposed to be a fundamental piece of this alternative education center?

Manchester Regional Academy 4

Posted January 04, 2008
This is a school that really puts what's best for the child first. They are a therapeutic setting that offer very consistent expectations of the student as well as the parent. Yes, as a parent, I must admit that they have helped teach me how to be a better parent. My son has done well at this alternative school, we have done better as a family. Thank you MRA

Posted December 17, 2007
I am very happy with what the school has done for my child. I recomend this to all parents who have kids who do not do well in the mainstream schools. It also depends on the child to what they get out of the school. If parents are not on the children to do what they need to, of course they will not get all the benefits the school offers.

Manchester Regional Academy 4

Posted October 31, 2006
My kid is in his final year of school and we have found that his classes are a bit easy. However, with our input he is now receiving work at a higher level. The teachers really care about the kid and have the time to pay attention to the indivual needs of each kid. They are not just baby sitters. One of the best parts of the school is its involvement with the Community College right next door. Kids are encouraged to take classes there to add to the school experience and prepare them for moving on to college.

Manchester Regional Academy 1

Posted January 14, 2005
This school is huge disappointment. My 11th grader has been here for a year and half and is not being mentally challenged. The teachers give busy work packets, they don't acutally teach the children. This is a behavior modification program they are not interested in academics. They have no elective programs, so if your child is interested in going to college forget it. There are no sports programs at all here. I am reccomending to any parent to not allow the school district to place their child in this school, you will never be able to get them out of here.

Manchester Regional Academy 2

Posted November 17, 2003

Manchester Regional Academy
665 Wetherell St, Manchester, CT  06040
Last modified Manchester Regional Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-12
Manchester Regional Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top