Manchester, CT

Posted April 03, 2014
Both of my children have gone through Waddell with our oldest in fifth grade this year. We could not have asked for a better elementary school experience. The teachers get that everyone learns differently and most go above and beyond to make sure their students have the best education. The specials teachers are amazingly talented and have fostered a love of all arts in both my kids. The skills they have learned beyond academics will take them to adulthood as respectful, kind, questioning people who want to help others and always do their best.

Posted April 03, 2014
I have 2 kids in Waddell at this point and have had nothing but a positive experience. My kids look forward to going to school each day and love their teachers and have made some really good friends. We have an amazing staff and I feel confident each day I drop my kids off that they are in a safe, caring community.

Posted April 02, 2014
Waddell School is a wonderful school for the K-5 grades. Teachers are incredible and students are phenomenal. The PTA is very active in the community and the school and always ensure all parents are on board with events! Our school events this year have totaled almost 3/4 if not more of the entire school population. Waddell isn't just a school; it's an extended family!

Posted October 29, 2013
Waddell Elementary school is an amazing school. The teachers and staff are so dedicated to making sure every child gets the beat education they can.

Waddell School 4

Posted October 29, 2013
I have been involved with this school for 5 years now. The teachers are great, the students are great. The PTA is very active and work very closely with the teachers to better our school. Our playground is very small and some things are out of code. Kindergarten and first grade are the only kids that play on it once in a while because it is just to small for all the students. We have handicapped students and there is only one swing for them with no easy access to get around. There are also some parts that are rusting and just recently a safety rail rusted out and broke off. We would love to see our playground safe for all of the children in our community.

Posted October 24, 2013
I am the principal of this school and feel as if I am the luckiest man alive. I enjoy going to work everyday because I get to work with the best students, the best staff and the best families! The teachers are so dedicated, the students are so friendly, and the families are so supportive. I have only been there a short time, but have been welcomed into the family as if I have worked there for years! I am excited for the future at Waddell School!

Posted October 04, 2013
Waddell Elementary School is Amazing! I give it 5! With new principal, Mr. Moynihan, our school is on it's way to being an even safer environment for our children. The schools' teachers, staff and parents are a wonderful asset to the school community with all of our main goals being to ensure our children are attending a fantastic school! The schools' PTA is a very active part of the school working with parents, teachers, students to close the gap between school and home. Project playground is underway to provide for a safer activity area for children of all ages. Security measures are being done this year to ensure the safety of our children. Curriculum and Literacy Coaches are in classrooms to help the children. I love Waddell!

Waddell School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
My child and I are new to this school, but not the Manchester school system. So far, I am impressed by my child's teacher, Ms. Golino, as she is very enthusiastic and seems to inspire my child to learn. The new principal, Mr. M is very friendly, outgoing and seems to have the children's best interests in mind. My kiddo speaks very highly of him. The PTA is active and a vital part of the school's community. I also recommend the Club MELC before/afterschool program for parents who need it. It is reasonably priced and provides structured routine for the kids during my working hours.

Posted October 04, 2013
I cannot describe how pleased my wife and I are with Waddell. The Faculty and staff are absolutely fantastic. My two children actually look forward to going to school everyday. The School's policy regarding respect of self, school and others really resonates with my children. I am so proud of the honest, articulate and happy people they are growing into. We always have tried to instill these things and the atmosphere Waddell promotes compliments our approach perfectly. They really go out of their way to make sure each child learns to the best of their ability and gains confidence in themselves. We are so lucky to have Waddell as out neighborhood school.

Posted October 04, 2013
I think Waddell is doing a great job! I like the new principal and think he has some great ideas for our school!

Waddell School
163 Broad St, Manchester, CT  06040
Last modified Waddell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waddell School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top