Bad
Good

My daughter goes to this school, it's dark, dirty and very much like a prison She has a excellent teacher and the principal is wonderful but she's been punched by another student and the art teacher is horrible she yells at the students and tells them that their art work isn't any good. Talking to her does not help, talked with the teacher about it and it does no good and my daughter dreads days where she has art class and she loves art

I go to this school friday we had fun day the 18th of jun its my gragyouwashin my last day of school is on the 19th of jun

my daughter attended Washington in gr. k now she's n gr.8 and the school still look the same its very dark nside like its a prison. My son is n kindergarten since school started he came home sick every other day that tell me the school is not properly cleaned change it or close

My daughter attended kindergarten at Washington school and I was disappointed. Being an educator myself, I had high expectations for my daughter s first year of public school. Within the first couple weeks my daughter was being bullied by another student in her class. I met with the teacher who seemed genuinely concerned and then my husband and I met with the principal and the teacher as the situation continued. They said the student was on a behavior plan now so everything should be okay, but the bully still had a locker next to my daughter s and an assigned seat next to her. I had to ask to have them changed. A little later my daughter s teacher left the school. (We were not given a reason; we only were sent a note home the day before her last day.) It was a terrible transition for the students who weren t given any time to prepare for their teacher leaving. In the spring my daughter was having trouble with the same student at recess. The teacher said she was aware of the situation at the beginning of the year, but nothing else was said or done. Although, the academic standards are up to par and my daughter is doing well, the behavior standards at this school are very low.

My son is in Kindergarten and the home work assignments are often misspelled and tough to understand, the classrooms are very dusty, computer volumes do not work half the time and i sometimes feel like when i have a concern the principal just listens but doesnt do anything about my problem. and he is not excelling in reading skills :( iam working on transfering him to Martin school in the coming year. :)

I agree with most that is being said about Washington School. Unfortunately, it does not get the credit it deserves. My daughter was an advanced student who transferred to Washington from Boston. Although the curriculum focuses on grade level only. Her teacher and the administration recognized that she was in fact 2 grade levels ahead and accommodated her with higher level work. She enjoyed here experience at Washington. Now my 2 younger sons attend and they are thriving.

Last modified Washington School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.