Meriden, CT

Posted June 03, 2013
I am a student at TEMS the school is very nice. In my opinion, I think every city connected with the TEMS interdistrict should have everyone attend.

Posted May 26, 2010
My son was very fortunate to be selected for TEMS. He is a special needs young man and the staff and teachers have gone above and beyond to help his adjustment from elementary to middle school. Dr. Frank is a great communicator and I always know from her weekly emails what is going on in her class.I have always received a response in a timelt manner from the staff and/or teachers whenever I requested info. I have 3 other children who are anticipating their chance to go there when it is their turn. I am very grateful for this wonderful school and hope others can experience what they have to offer.

Posted April 20, 2009
Omg this is the best school evr!!!, we get laptops, & the teachers r so cool, they only thing wrong is the gossips

Posted September 12, 2008
My child is in the seventh grade at TEMS and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. The staff and administration are so responsive. All of my inquiries have always been answered within a few hours. My child has always done well at school, but at Edison, has truly learned so much and is an exemplary student. He is taking pre-algebra this year as a 7th grader. I believe my child will definitely be a step ahead of the students who went to the Middletown middle school, especially with all the new technology at our new Middletown High. Thomas Edison is a wonderful opportunity. I strongly recommend Middletown 5th graders entering the lottery for a chance to attend; your child can always go back to Woodrow Wilson if you aren't happy at TEMS, but I don't see how that would ever happen.

Posted December 16, 2007
As a parent (who is also a teacher) I can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers are committed and make learning fun for the students. Administration takes school policy seriously and enforces the rules which makes the school a better learning environment for everyone. The use of technology is helpful in motivating students as well as teaching students skills they will need. My only regret is that it doesn't go to 12th grade.

Posted December 15, 2007
I go to Edison now, and i find it to be one of the best. The people here are nice and interesting to hear stories from. i plan to continue my education here untill end of 8th grade. I will always remember this school as my favorite.

Posted September 19, 2006
Wow. I'm looking at come of the comments listed below, and I am really surprised. I am a former student of Thomas Edison, and honestly..it was the best middle school choice I could make. There are so many goals reached and achieved by all students who attend. The technology offered is one of the biggest assets to this school. From laptops, to school programs, there's always something new to learn. I went to Edison for a short period of time (because the waiting list was soooooo long), and I'll admit, I was a little intimidated by the technology and 'smarts' of the students. But after only a few days, I began to adjust perfectly. And it's not because I'm this 'genius kid'. It was because I had fellow classmates, and most importantly, concerned teachers to help me overcome my obstacles. This school is truly awesome, I would recommend it to anyone!

Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School 3

Posted September 09, 2006
My son went to Washington Middle during 6th and 7th grade, he had excellent grades on several subjects. When new Edison opened, my son went there in 8th grade and my daughter during 6th to 8th grade. They both thought it was nice school and nice teachers, but before they graduated they were not happy with Edison's system. My son likes Washington better, because they have great music and math class. My daughter failed math in 9th grade because she has not learned pre-algebra! Many parents complained that their child did not do well in 9th grade after they graduated from Edison. I feel that their curriculum was not good, but I don't know about now. My children never use laptop, but they carried VERY heavy binders/books in their backpack. The gym was below freezing. The best rating was their cafe's foods. Now my younger son goes to Washington he want play Tuba.

Posted May 11, 2006
Thomas Edison is a wonderful school. As a parent, I have found the teachers to be very helpful, prideful of education, approachable, and concerned about both you and your child's needs. Many extracurricular activities are offered, like, music (Mr. Hadley is great!)sports,student council, etc. Several fun/educational trips are taken. Parents are welcomed and taken seriously. Laptops.....wonderful experience for your child's technological advancement. We didn't want to leave this for high school because there is no comparison. My daughter only went 1 year there, was slightly nervous but blended in well and is now the Schlor Leader for her graduating class. My advice----go there! All of the Administrative Staff is wonderful. I did not have a posivtive response with her former middle school. Parent of the Scholar Leader Award-Kathy Lassiter Brooks

Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School

Posted February 11, 2006
This is a school with some high potential. The Laptops are the biggest asset TEMS offers. Even the children with no experience with PC s are given the tools. If you re a parent that likes progress updates, or phone or email responses, THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL FOR YOUR CHILD. Rarely are the calls returned, or the emails replied. TEMS uses blackboard.com for teachers to post homework and class work assignments with parent and child. Blackboard is useless for parents if the teachers fail to update the class work, homework section. The pitch during last years open house, led me to believe that I would be able to monitor my child s schooling, daily. Not the case, don't buy it. This school would be perfect if the teachers approached communication issues as positive rather than a bother. I wish I knew who to contact to change this one flaw.

Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School
1355 North Broad St, Meriden, CT  06450
Last modified Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top