Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 21, 2016
Absolutely not, I think this school breeds bullies and they don't instill proper compassion or care.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 21, 2016
Some of the teachers let other students grade other students. Their respect for self rating is laughable. The teachers do not treat all students equally and can be very disrespectful to the students and parents.

Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School 2

Posted February 21, 2016
This school is not how it represents itself. The teachers seem miserable on certain teams, they are bullies and their communication is non-existent. I think that a lot of these teachers play favorites and forget what real teachers are supposed to do and stand for. The principal does absolutely nothing to change things or make things better or resolve things. She's more concerned with acting like a celebrity of the school, so these teachers run amuck doing and saying whatever they want. Please don't get me started on the schools grading system.... "Respect for Self"??? That's one of their grading categories. They don't realize that they do extremely more damage than good. My child has a lot of respect for themselves but they get a low grading in this area and makes the child feel awful.... I mean what kind of sick self-esteem game are they playing. They also lock the bathroom doors now and if your child needs to go to the bathroom they are pretty much out of luck. They do this because some of the kids have been trashing the bathrooms so they think the solution is to lock them rather than get to the root of the problem. I'm strongly considering taking my child out of this school actually, it's not much better than the public schools honestly and I am highly disappointed with this school...EXTREMELY! Enter at your own risk.

Posted June 03, 2013
I am a student at TEMS the school is very nice. In my opinion, I think every city connected with the TEMS interdistrict should have everyone attend.

Posted May 26, 2010
My son was very fortunate to be selected for TEMS. He is a special needs young man and the staff and teachers have gone above and beyond to help his adjustment from elementary to middle school. Dr. Frank is a great communicator and I always know from her weekly emails what is going on in her class.I have always received a response in a timelt manner from the staff and/or teachers whenever I requested info. I have 3 other children who are anticipating their chance to go there when it is their turn. I am very grateful for this wonderful school and hope others can experience what they have to offer.

Posted April 20, 2009
Omg this is the best school evr!!!, we get laptops, & the teachers r so cool, they only thing wrong is the gossips

Posted September 12, 2008
My child is in the seventh grade at TEMS and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. The staff and administration are so responsive. All of my inquiries have always been answered within a few hours. My child has always done well at school, but at Edison, has truly learned so much and is an exemplary student. He is taking pre-algebra this year as a 7th grader. I believe my child will definitely be a step ahead of the students who went to the Middletown middle school, especially with all the new technology at our new Middletown High. Thomas Edison is a wonderful opportunity. I strongly recommend Middletown 5th graders entering the lottery for a chance to attend; your child can always go back to Woodrow Wilson if you aren't happy at TEMS, but I don't see how that would ever happen.

Posted December 16, 2007
As a parent (who is also a teacher) I can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers are committed and make learning fun for the students. Administration takes school policy seriously and enforces the rules which makes the school a better learning environment for everyone. The use of technology is helpful in motivating students as well as teaching students skills they will need. My only regret is that it doesn't go to 12th grade.

Posted December 15, 2007
I go to Edison now, and i find it to be one of the best. The people here are nice and interesting to hear stories from. i plan to continue my education here untill end of 8th grade. I will always remember this school as my favorite.

Posted September 19, 2006
Wow. I'm looking at come of the comments listed below, and I am really surprised. I am a former student of Thomas Edison, and honestly..it was the best middle school choice I could make. There are so many goals reached and achieved by all students who attend. The technology offered is one of the biggest assets to this school. From laptops, to school programs, there's always something new to learn. I went to Edison for a short period of time (because the waiting list was soooooo long), and I'll admit, I was a little intimidated by the technology and 'smarts' of the students. But after only a few days, I began to adjust perfectly. And it's not because I'm this 'genius kid'. It was because I had fellow classmates, and most importantly, concerned teachers to help me overcome my obstacles. This school is truly awesome, I would recommend it to anyone!

1355 North Broad St, Meriden, CT  06450
Last modified Thomas Edison Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.