Posted July 01, 2014
I've had my child here since Kindergarten (she's going to 2nd grade now) and I honestly have nothing but good things to say about this school, it's teachers and also office staff which have been outstanding with my child (last teacher was Mrs.Vermeal..incredible teacher and very patient plus understanding with my short attention-spanned, sensitive and hyper-active daughter). Definitely a top notch school with lots of attention geared at each individual child. Again excellent principal also, always greeted me openly and welcoming each and every morning just as he did to every parent that would walk by him. 100/100 in my book.

Benjamin Franklin School 3

Posted May 14, 2010
I have two children who have attended Ben Franklin and the teachers were kind but I do wish that there was more communcation with the parents as far as updates on child's progress. I have had to email the teachers to check up on my children. It'd be nice to have a progress report every once in a while and not just their report card for the whole term. Also, I don't think that there's enough one-on-one attention and I think that's it's partly due to larger sized classrooms. Really, that has to due with the city's growth and budget cuts, but I think the city, in general could do better with the school systems. Overall, Ben Franklin is a good school, but I wouldn't say GREAT.

Posted November 30, 2008

Posted November 17, 2008

Posted January 19, 2008
My son attended St. Mary School from kindergarten through grade 3. He moved to Ben Franklin this year after St. Mary's closed. We were a little afraid of making the transition to a public school, but the principal, teachers and faculty are all top-notch and have made his transition easy. He loves the extra-curricular activities including band, dodge ball club and Mathletix. We were pleased that the school was removed from the 'No Student Left Behind List' and believe Brandon is growing academically and socially at Ben Franklin. I just wish he could stay here until high school!

Benjamin Franklin School 4

Posted May 06, 2007
- a former student

Benjamin Franklin School
426 West Main St, Meriden, CT  06450
Last modified Benjamin Franklin School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top