No rating

Mercy High School

Private | 9-12

Living in Middletown

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted January 16, 2014

As an alumnae of Mercy High School in Middletown, CT and the parent of a Senior, class of 2014, Mercy has been a wonderful experience. My daughter went through public high school from K-8 and has grown so much as a young woman, both spiritually and academically since attending Mercy. She has met so many wonderful girls from many different towns. I cannot thank Mercy enough for all they have done for my daughter - she is a confident young woman who is prepared to enter college. The guidance department does an excellent job working with the students in their college search, applications & essays. My daughter's friends in public school were so far behind her in getting their essays done and applying to their colleges. My daughter has been accepted to her top 3 colleges, and I credit Mercy for that. She has also had the ability to try many different activities/clubs/sports at Mercy. When you ask her what she thinks about Mercy, she will always say "I love Mercy". Faculty, staff and students are always encouraging and supporting each other. I encourage future students to spend a day shadowing a Mercy student - and she too will want to be part of Mercy.

Posted December 15, 2013

My daughter went for 1 1/2 years. Should have never sent her. School does nothing about behavior of the "chosen ones". They constantly cover up scandals. Academics are horrible. My daughter was an honors student. When she transferred out to a much better catholic school she was behind in several subjects. She took summer classes on her own to catch up. Mercy made her feel horrible about herself. She now feels great about herself in a much better atmosphere. DO NOT Make the same mistake we did!!! It almost destroyed our daughter

Posted November 6, 2013

I am the parent of three daughters who are Mercy girls. All three are different scholastically. All three got an excellent education and I believe are succeeding in college/careers due to the education they received at Mercy. Well worth the tuition; an unmotivated student will be inspired and a high achieving student will set higher goals.

Posted October 11, 2013

My daughter is a sophomore at Mercy HS and loves it! I cannot even begin to express how much my daughter's confidence has grown from her first day at Mercy. She has made so many kind friends from all of the classes. My daughter has struggled in school in the past but the encouragement that is displayed by the teachers and staff have made my daughter want to succeed. There is an atmosphere at Mercy that is indescribable. The opportunities at Mercy are endless for all students that wish to embrace them. I feel very fortunate that my daughter can be part of such a wonderful establishment.

Posted October 8, 2013

I have a daughter who is a senior at Mercy High School. She has had nothing but a positive experience at the school. As happy as I am for her applying to colleges this fall, I can't help but feel sad that her time at Mercy is coming to an end. The faculty and staff are so involved with these girls. They want nothing more than for them to succeed and become strong young women. We feel very fortunate that our daughter was able to have an amazing high school experience and not just a good high school experience.

Posted September 11, 2013

My daughter is a Junior. The previous students who said "bullying is not tolerated" must be part of the "popular crowd" who "fits the mold". The school may believe the students are "inclusive" and one big happy family, but the blatant "mean girl" behavior, both during school and after school on the sports teams, (and even displayed by some of the parents), is quite prevalent.. Even though some adults there know about it, they find it easier to ignore rather than confront it. Administrators address the occasional bullying on Facebook, but there is SO much more going on there, on a daily basis. Girls with the fake smiles who the teachers might think are role model citizens of the school - some of them are the worst offenders, yet the teachers or coaches apparently have no clue --or again, choose to ignore it (or even reward it). Parents talk about it among themselves - but are afraid to stand up because the behavior only worsens when you do. Yes, the girls do get a good education here, but if you are spending your money to also ensure a "safe, warm, friendly place", it certainly is not that way for all. We mistakenly thought that being a Catholic School would make it so...

Posted September 23, 2012

I'm currently a sophomore at Mercy and I absolutely love this school. Bullying is not tolerated and everyone welcomes the freshmen and transfer students. When I was deciding on a high school, I did not want to go to mercy. My mom made me go and I'm happy she did.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 16, 2012

I'm a Mercy parent who lives in an area town with one of he most highly rated public high schools in the state. Yet Mercy, in my opinion, is far superior. Take away the emphasis on impressing the boys and there is nothing left to do but concentrate on school work during the day. My daughter has not had one bad experience with a teacher or another student. Bullys and trouble makers are not invited back. Period. Faculty is caring and not caught up with the needless requirements the state mandates in the public schools. Don't sit on the fence about sending her to Mercy. It's worth the investment.

Posted July 16, 2011

I have just finished my freshman year at Mercy High school and I like many others at this school have been bullied to the point of not wanting to come to school. At Mercy bullying happens every second of the day, the girls are ruthless. And if you think that the adminstration will step in, you're wrong. Mercy has been promoted to be one of the best, most loving enviroments in Connecticut but it is quite the opposite. As well as the student body being cruel, the teachers are not much better. The teachers are apathetic. This school year has been the worst year of my life, Please if you are thinking of sending your daughter here, reconsider before she is begging to transfer out.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 30, 2011

We all saw the video of the young lady that was being bullied at her middle school. That is nothing compared to what goes on at Mercy. (Not to take anything away from the young lady. What happened to her was wrong.) if you send your daughter to Mercy, the bullying is terrible and the school will do nothing about it. Other than try to sweep it under the rug. It is best if no one knows about it.

Posted March 19, 2011

My daughter is a 2010 graduate of Mercy High School. She loved it! Yes, there could be "girl drama", but isn't there going to be in any high school? The academic expectations are high, therefore my daughter developed excellent study skills and is doing very well in college. Mercy helped develop her into a self-confident and self-motivated young lady. And, an added bonus, she developed the join of christian service and loves to volunteer to help those in need! My younger daughter will be a freshwoman in September and is really looking forward to it after watching her sister enjoy being a student there so much!

Posted January 31, 2010

I cannot say enough about the teachers of Mercy High School and the great accomplishments my daughter has shown just by attending this fantastic institition. We would have never expected our daughter to excel the way she has. She graduated in 2009 and is now hpersuing what she loved best during her last two years; she is studing to be an Italian teacher/ professor. I would stronglr recommend this school to anyone who has a daughter in Middlesex county, it is the best school in the area.

Posted October 4, 2009

Great teachers and kids. Great school spirit.

Posted September 19, 2009

I have to say that I have been very pleased with the entire Mercy experience. Initially, I thought a public school might be good for my daughter, but then when realizing that the students there, often times turn their heads to violence and bullying in order to protect themselves, I realized that I worked too hard to empower my daughter with the smarts and compassion to look away. I did not want her to avoid the ugly, but help in making things better. I have 'sold' Mercy to several other families as I have said to them that it is a true 'Investment' in your daughter's educational future and one that you will not regret. My daughter has flourished at Mercy. If you are looking for a well rounding experience for your daughter, Mercy is the place for your young lady!

Posted May 14, 2009

Fantastic, Girls are pushed to excel and do their best. My daughter improved her study skills and is now doing very well academically. She didn't want to go to Mercy, but after about 1 month she loved it..Great athletics as well as academics!

Posted January 17, 2008

My Daughter has thrived at Mercy. This is the way school used to be in public schools and should be today. There are no discipline problems and social events are supervised. The community has the same goal in mind - education. The Girls thrive in a wonderful environment. Thanks Mercy!

Posted July 9, 2007

I wish I could say better things about Mercy. Like many Parochial schools, if your child fits the mold--- go for it. But if your child has learning challenges, personal issues or academic problems, this school is not going to help you get her on the right track. You'll spend thousands of extra besides the ridiculous tuition to get tutoring. The communication with teachers varied from excellent to nonexistent. The students can be vicious, so watch out if your daughter takes things too personally or you don't drive a mercedes. What you are paying for it prestige an rigourous academics. If that is what you are looking for, Mercy is the place for your daughter.

Posted June 7, 2007

My daughter did not want to go to a all girl High School where they had to wear uniforms, have religion and actually have discipline. We made her go anyways and her first six months she did not talk to us much. However once she got use to it, she loved it. We even let her to a tag along day at the public high school with a friend of hers at the end of her freshwoman year. We then gave her the option to go to the public High School ans she said said there is no way she was leaving Mercy. She is now on recruitman team, sports teams, president of Ski club and now considering going to a private catholic college. Mercy is well worth the money, the best investment I have ever made.

Posted February 18, 2006

Amazing! My daughter is a junior and she never loved school until she went to Mercy. The courses are challenging, teachers well prepared and suportive, wonderful group of peers, close bonds with teachers, administration, students and parents. She has been able to choose from a rich selection of electives and has been involved in student government, community volunteer work, and sports. The single sex education model has freed her to concentrate on academics but has not hindered her social life. Mercy has many activities with Xavier HS (another excellant school- all boys). She's now hoping to find a college with an atmosphere like Mercy's.

Posted January 11, 2005

I am a 1988 graduate who loved attending Mercy High School. I have great gratitude for all of my teachers and friends I had, but more for my parents who made my educational experience a priorty and choose such a wonder school for me.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Norwich

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1740 Randolph Road